Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Happening Again

Some of you may remember when I mentioned my obsession about Disneyland, and the depression I would go into each and every time I realized we wouldn't be able to go. And some of you may remember how elated I was to find out that we would be making a trip to Disneyland last year, and how we had such a wonderful time on that vacation.

Well, it's happening again. The Disneyland urges are coming full force. All of you are probably saying, "You just went last year - isn't that enough?" And you're right. It should be enough, and normally I would be content to wait a couple of years until our next Disneyland trip, but we just have to go this year. Main reason: most of my family is going. My parents and my little sister, Michael and his family, and Philip and his family are all going. (Christina and Nathan are going in October, and David and Sara are having a baby so they're not going any time soon.) Now it would be fun to go with my parents, and it would be fun to go with Kim, and it would definitely be fun to go with Mike and Tallia, but the biggest incentive is to go to Disneyland with Philip and Erin. They are the coolest, funniest people you could ever go to Disneyland with, and I wouldn't want to miss that for anything.

So I've been figuring out finances and schedules and trying, trying, trying to find a way to go...but there are too many circumstances right now that need to be resolved before we can even know if there is any chance of going. Brian is the voice of reason in our family and he keeps telling me to slow down and be patient, and I know that he's not trying to crush my hopes and dreams, but every time he says we might not go, I can't help but think, "Why are you trying to ruin my life?!?" But Brian loves me, and he's not trying to ruin my life. He's trying to get us to Disneyland, too - just not as hard as I am.

1 comment: