Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nursery: Complete

We actually have a room in our house that is done!  And we actually have a nursery - yea!  I thought briefly while I was pregnant about having Alyssa and Rebecca end up sharing a room, but by the time Rebecca will be ready for that, Alyssa will have a ton of stuff that she will get into, and then Alyssa will get mad, and they'll get into fights, and end up not liking each other...  So since we knew Rebecca would need a room eventually, we gave her one right away.

I'm using it more than I thought that I would.  Rebecca spent the first third of her life (she's three months, so one month - you get the math) sleeping in either a bassinet by our bed, in a baby hammock that we made, or in bed with us.  But I also tried to get her to take naps in the crib in her room sometimes, and now that she's older it's where she always naps, and she also starts the night in her crib, then moves into bed with me halfway through the night.

Anyway, it's nice that I have a place to put her down where I know she won't be trampled on by either Sadie or Marcus,  and it's nice to have a definite place to change her diapers.  We've done changing-whever-it's-convenient-at-the-time before, and I like this much better.  I'm so in love with our house, and I feel so lucky to have been able to find it when we did.  Even after living here for a year and a half, I still do little dances sometimes and sing, "Oh, I love my house, I love my house."

So here is Rebecca's room:

This is the picture that greets you at the door.  All of the artwork is done by my talented niece, Megan.  I told her I wanted cute pictures of girls playing in the woods, and I love how they all turned out.  She's been so excited to do these pictures, especially because now she is a professional artist.

This one is my favorite.

Here's the crib we're borrowing from my parents.  Did I sleep in this crib, Mom?  I know at least my little sister did, and multiple grand kids.  I know, it's not to code anymore, but it's sturdy, and I feel that it's safe. 

I should have taken a closer picture of the mobile.  Here's a cropped close-up from the last picture.  Alyssa and I made the mobile together.  I sewed the bird, butterfly, and mushroom, and she sewed all the pink hearts.  We did it a little before I had Rebecca, and it was so fun to work together on it.  And now I love looking at it knowing that Alyssa and I made it together. And actually, looking at the picture, I'm sure that Alyssa will appreciate the fact that the shadow from the hoop looks like a heart; she likes things like that.

I originally planned on painting the mirror ivory to match the dresser, but I never did, because I kind of like it blue.

Here's a close up of Rebecca's blessing dress and one of the pictures.

The rocking chair.  Brian gave me this chair for my birthday just after I had Ethan.  I needed to have my gall bladder removed, and it was hard for me to nurse Ethan, so Brian went to Goodwill and brought home the chair so I would have a comfortable place to nurse.  I don't think the cat realizes that this is my chair.  It's one of her favorite places to sleep, and there's white fluff all over the seat.

And here's the diaper changing station, with the pail completely full of diapers.  Tomorrow's a diaper laundry day.

I love how Rebecca's room turned out.  Before she was born, I told my mom that if the baby ended up surprising us by being a boy, that I would still keep the room pink for a while, because it just makes me happy to be in there.  And now it feels good to have it be officially done.

4 comments:

Brooklet said...

Oh, it turned out cute. My favorite parts are the pictures made by Megan- they are so cute, and also the mobile that both you and alyssa made. It makes it all the more special.

J-Leav said...

cozy lookin' nursery, Care! Makes me wish I could move in with your baby :)

Kim-the-girl said...

You all did a fabulous job! It really is a special and sweet little place for your special and sweet baby girl. :)

NaDell said...

I love her room. So pretty and girlish.