Wednesday, October 05, 2011

From the Same Cookie Cutter

Last week I was looking at pictures of Alyssa when she was a baby while Rebecca was asleep on my lap.  I found a picture of a sleeping Alyssa when she was about two months old, then looked down, and saw almost the exact same baby in my arms.  Alyssa had a bit more "Brian" in her, and they do look a little different, but the face shape and their little noses - you can definitely tell that they're sisters.

Rebecca is a wonderful baby.  She's another of our I'm-so-happy-to-be-here babies, especially in the morning.  She woke me up around 6:30 this morning and gave me a huge smile.  She basically spends the first hour of each day just smiling and laughing, which is a great way to start the day.  She's putting herself on a 9:00 and 1:00 nap schedule, with more sleeping in the evening, because she's still little, and when she's not sleeping she's happy to just be with us.  She does not like a wet or dirty diaper.  That's really the only time she complains - is when she wants to be changed.  She is strong!  Everyone comments on how strong and alert she is, but all of our babies have been that way.  I have trouble holding other people's young babies, because I'm not used to holding the head so much or supporting them against my shoulder.  At Rebecca's two month doctor appointment the doctor said that she had the strength and was at the physical level of a four month old.

Yesterday I was on the phone with my younger sister, who is just getting ready to start the pregnancy and kids stage of life.  We were talking about Hyperemesis Gravidarum, and how it will be harder for her if she gets sick, because of her diabetes.  I looked down at Rebecca, who was looking back up at me and smiling, and I said, "Kim, no matter how hard it ends up getting, just know that it is so worth it." Because she definitely is.

4 comments:

J-Leav said...

What a beautiful baby! Good luck to Kim

Kim-the-girl said...

Amen. Totally worth it. Love the look alike photo!

Catherine said...

Is Kim pregnant???

Kimberly said...

She is so beautiful. I remember the first picture I saw of her and I thought, she looks like Alyssa! Her eyes were open and they looked like her sister's.
No Catherine, I am not pregnant. Now that I am done with college we are thinking about building onto our family in the near future. But with my diabetes combined with the history of how pregnancies go in our family, I am getting all the information I can and trying to find a good OB/GYN before we start trying.