Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yeah, I Guess It's Not A Good Idea To Hide The Candy In My Closet

Marcus can get into everything.  I have to lock the pantry and the fridge, and even that doesn't stop him sometimes.  Last week, after I told him he couldn't have an yogurt (or yo-yug, as he calls it), I found him hiding behind a chair in the quiet room, happily downing a tub of vanilla yogurt - his favorite.  I called my parents house to rant for a minute, and my sister-in-law, Erin, answered.  She suggested putting the refrigerator on top of the roof.  My mom says that it probably wouldn't do any good.

These are all my maternity clothes.  My real clothes are folded on the shelf for the time being.
So we hide the candy on the top shelf of our closet.  It's not exactly hidden, but there's no way for the kids (i.e. Marcus) to reach them.  Although there was one time that he drug a chair in from the school room to try.  As you might be able to see, Brian buys his candy in bulk.  Red Vines from Costco, large boxes of Cadbury eggs (He brought home regular for me and caramel for him.  His are gone.), and hidden behind the vitamins and under the licorice are boxes of chocolate covered cherries he got me for Christmas.  There's also a box of Phineas and Ferb candy I got for Easter, but Marcus found it before the Easter Bunny could distribute it, so it just became family candy.

The point to all of this is what is missing from the picture.  There used to be a semi-full bag of Kit Kats sitting on those two folded sweaters.  It wasn't bulk, though - not that big.  Anyway, I got out of the shower this morning, and I was feeling pretty sick.  I knew I had to eat something right away, or I would throw up.  So I grabbed a Kit Kat from the top of the closet, ate it, and thought, "This is so good."  And then I finished the bag off while I got dressed.

I guess the real question here is: Who's going to hide the candy from me?

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Well, now I want some Kitkats! =)

Brooklet said...

I don't know how you guys do it. We absolutely cannot buy candy in bulk because I have no self control. Seriously, that redvine licorice would be gone in days- all four pounds of it. Kit Kats- be gone in a morning.

And we definitely do NOT have any candy left from easter. Because easter candy is so yummy.

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh man. I can so totally relate!

Justus said...

You could always put a chain and combination lock on the fridge. It just may be a little hard to explain when friends come over...