Monday, May 16, 2011

Wonderful Weekend


On Thursday Brian and I went in for my ultrasound.  We're 100% sure now that our baby is a girl, and of course, she's very cute.  I wish the picture I took of the picture turned out better, but, well, that's what happens when you take a picture of a picture.  This must be why I can look at other 4D ultrasound pictures online and think the babies look like blobby aliens, but I stare and stare at the original copy the doctors office gave me and think, "She's so beautiful!"


Friday we got up early to (finally!) pour the cement for the mow strip for our fence.  It was exciting to watch it go in, but it was stressful to try to get it all in and smooth before our time with the truck ran out and the concrete dried.  John (the guy in the yellow shirt) was amazing!  First of all, he's a contractor, so he's the one that arranged to have the cement truck come on such short notice.  We were going to borrow a truck from Brian's dad and just get a rental cement trailer from Pasco Rentals, but we were having a hard time getting the truck at the same time we could get help to pour the cement.  So John said, "No, you don't want to do that," and called to get a truck to come to us, and he came over to help.  He was the one that took the time to smooth the patio where we're going to put a pergola.  Watching him, Brian and I realized that we didn't have a clue as to what to do for that, and if it was left up to us, the patio would have looked horrible.  As it is with John's help, it's beautiful!

Once we were done with the concrete, Brian loaded up the boys in the van and drove to Spokane.  Our friend, Will, was running a half marathon, and he had to bring his son with him, so Brian went to keep an eye on Grant while Will was running.  The boys had a blast!  They swam in the hotel pool, played in the park, rode a carousel, and just had a great time relaxing.  Brian said the best part of the trip was not having any responsibilities - they could just do what they wanted without worrying about being anywhere at certain times and things like that.

Alyssa and I also enjoyed our time alone.  We went to my sister's house for a cousin play of "Sleeping Beauty," went out to dinner at Teriyaki Grill, got our hair cut, picked up some goodies and a movie, watched Megamind while eating those goodies, went to ballet with my niece Marian, and went out shopping for some Spring and Summer clothes for Alyssa, which she was badly in need of.  Before we went to sleep on Friday, Alyssa said that it was the best day ever and that she loved spending special time with me.  I loved it too!

While we were out at Red Robin after shopping at Target, Brian sent me this picture and said, "We're having fun."

So I sent him this picture back, saying, "So are we."
It really was a great weekend.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Sounds so fabulous! What a fun day you had with Alyssa!
I have watched my handy carpenter brother pour concrete before and there's no way I'd do it without him! It's a major job. I'm glad you had experienced help.

Kim-the-girl said...

That really does sound like a wonderful weekend!