Monday, May 09, 2011

30 Weeks on Mother's Day

 Yesterday, on Mother's Day, I officially completed thirty weeks of this pregnancy.  Thirty weeks, with seventy days on the count down until my due date.  We're getting there!  I've been trying really hard lately to not throw up in the morning, so I'm down to throwing up just once every few days.  I've discovered that sitting in the passenger seat in the car makes me really sick, so yesterday I started driving even when Brian is with me.  (I guess I knew that it made me sick a long time ago, but yesterday was the first time I decided to do something about it.  It helped a lot.)  It takes me five minutes to roll over in bed now, and even longer to get out of bed.  Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it feels like five minutes.  I waddle more often than I walk.  The baby is big enough and strong enough for us to be able to watch my tummy bounce and stretch from her movements.  I suppose this all means that this pregnancy is well under way.  I have a 3D ultra sound scheduled for Thursday, and I'm so excited.  Our insurance doesn't cover ultra sounds, so we were thinking of canceling it, but I've never had a 3D one before, and this is our last baby, so last night Brian and I decided to go ahead and do it.

So this is the first belly shot I took when I was around six weeks along.  This was back when I was so excited to be pregnant and I just knew that this pregnancy was going to be different.  I wasn't sick yet, I was still running three miles every day, and at this point I decided that I was going to write in a pregnancy journal and take a belly picture every week.  Other than yesterday and today, though, this is the only belly picture I've taken.  But having such a large gap in between pictures sure shows that difference!

This next picture I took this morning.  I took a couple yesterday, but I forgot to turn the flash off my camera, so they didn't turn out so well.  Please ignore my scuzzy hair and such.  I ran out of clean underwear, so I'm waiting until my clothes are out of the dryer to take a shower.

Anyway, I am so excited to have gotten this far.  Every day I go to bed thinking, "One more day done.  I made it through another day."  On days when it's warm and sunny outside, and it feels like summer is coming, it feels like it's so close to when we'll get our baby.  Also, with the dog and home school keeping me busy, each week is flying by, so I know we'll be at the end soon. 

5 comments:

Kimberly Nicole said...

Congratulations! You're almost there!
I was just thinking on how I heard Dad say once, "We believe in planned parenting, 3 boys, 3 girls." Apparently, you believe in it too! 2 boys, 2 girls! :-) I am excited for a new niece!
It was fun to see you for a short while last week. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Kim-the-girl said...

You look absolutely beautiful!

J-Leav said...

Number one stunner! Smokin' hot!

Travis and Heather said...

Looks at that gorgeous belly! Way to go growin those wonderful babies. I am always in awe about out bodies capabilities to stretch and grow to allow room for our expanding bebe's. A miracle every stinking time. And a miracle that they can go back!

5dollarFanatic said...

I'm sorry your'e still feeling sicko-i'm right there with ya during my pregnancies- have you tried liquid b6 sublingual total-it has folic acid in it. It helped me not throw up as much.