Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

We're just finishing school for the day, and we have a huge list of things we need to do before Brian and I leave tomorrow.  I usually do a load of laundry every day, but I'm combining days this week to make up for us being gone, and yesterday I watched Running Wilde while folding the boys clothes, and it was so funny.  And while posting the link, I noticed episode 2 is up; it's a good thing I've got more clothes to fold.

Oh, I'm so excited for this weekend.  I know I went to Seattle with Brian in March, but that was the same week of our move, and even though it was fabulous to sleep in the hotel room while he went to his classes, I didn't know that I was going until just a few hours before we left, so I didn't get the chance to be excited for it.  But this time, I've had a few weeks to count down the days until I would have a child-free weekend.  And every time I hear Ethan say, "Mom, I have bad news," which happens quite frequently throughout the day, I just sigh and think, "Just two more days...just two more days."

Brian's birthday is on Friday.  He's been planning where he wants to eat his birthday dinner for the last month.  "Planning" is the key word here, because I don't think he's decided yet.  It sounds like it's a toss-up between all of his favorite Portland restaurants, of which there are many.  Brazil Grill, Todai's, Cheesecake Factory, I don't know which he'll pick, or how many others are in the running.  See?  He's excited, too.

The kids are thrilled to have Grandma Roses staying with them, and Alyssa and Ethan are super excited for their slumber party with cousins after that.  My parents are going to Spokane on Sunday to walk with my sister in Step Out*, a walk to fight diabetes, and they'll take Marcus with them, while leaving Alyssa and Ethan with Mike and Tallia.

So now that school is over, I need to get the kids lunch and get started on our to do list, so we'll be all ready to go.  We need to pick up pull-ups for Marcus, a prescription for Alyssa, finish all that laundry, change the litter box, pack all of our clothes, turn in our library books that were due yesterday, dye my hair 'cause I'm so tired of the gray sneaking in**, figure out the easiest way for the kids to have school with my mom on Friday, find someone to take Alyssa to her bird watching field trip on Saturday, and everything else that comes up.

Did I mention we're excited?

*My sister was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 5 years ago.  If you'd like to sponsor her team for the walk, go here.
**I think Ethan's, "Mom, I have bad news"es are a big factor in graying my hair, along with the "Mom!  Marcus just-"s, the "Marcus has been-"s, etc.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

whew! Going on a trip is exhausting! Good luck getting ready so you can have an awesome child free weekend!!!

Kimberly Nicole said...

I'm excited for you and your trip! I always enjoy going on gettaway trips with Brian. They are a nice refresher. Good luck on getting ready!
Thanks for putting my Step Out website on your blog! I'm excited to walk for it this year and that Mom and Dad are coming up to join us.

Brooklet said...

I am excited for you and your trip, also! It's almost unfair all the preparations it takes to have a getaway without the kids, but have a few days to yourself- worth it. Have a great time!