Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Brand New Day

Thank you, everyone, for all those wonderful comments yesterday. It helped me so much to feel that support and to know that I'm not the only one who feels as I did.

Today is going to be so much better. Brian and I were both asleep by 9:00 last night, and when my alarm went off this morning, it was so much easier to get out of bed. I went running with my sister again. We're doing the Couch to 5K program, and we completed Week 3, Day 1 this morning. At the end of every run we say, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." We'll see if we're still saying that in a few weeks. Brian and I have signed up for a 5K on the 25th, so we're preparing for that. I'm excited!

Anyway, Ethan must have woken up while I was gone, because he was asleep in our bed when I came home, and all of the kids slept long enough for me to have enough time to decently get ready for the day. And, yes, I'm wearing makeup today, and I do feel better about myself.

We have our September progress meeting with our adviser at MCP this afternoon, mostly to talk about our weekly schedule and plans for home school, then Alyssa has her first ever Achievement Days activity. I am so excited about that! I can't believe she's old enough to go to Acheivement Days.

It's funny, because the things that have been weighing on my mind lately are still there, but they're not weighing me down as they did yesterday. It's amazing how much a good night's sleep can change your perspective on life.

2 comments:

Kimberly Nicole said...

isn't it wonderful to have a good night's sleep?!?
I did a 5K about a month and a half ago. I didn't go the full 5K because they told us we needed to be done in 45 minutes. So my running partner and I went 4.6K we were close and I think I could have done the whole thing. I walked most of it though, ran for more than I thought I could. Running has always been a hard thing for me. I'm going to check out the Couch to 5K program, maybe that will help me.
I'm glad today's going well!

Katie B.C. said...

I missed the bleh post in time to comment but I am also glad that you could post about the things us moms go through and emphasizing the need for sleep. We never go to bed by 9 pm, but if I go to bed before 11 pm I feel pretty good, especially if I get a nap later. I am a firm believer in naps.

Good luck on your race! It seems like you've been doing a good persistent job on training. That's better than I can say for my weekend triathlon! As long as I don't drown, things will be okay.