Monday, September 13, 2010

A Beautiful Baptism


Alyssa's baptism a couple of weeks ago was just wonderful. She was so excited all day long, and it was fun to do her hair and get her into her pretty white dress. She was baptized with her cousin Marian and her friend from church, Ashley.


Ashley chose the prayers and songs, and Alyssa and Marian each chose a speaker. Marian chose her mom and Alyssa chose Grandpa Jacks. We sang, "Keep the Commandments," and "I Know That the Savior Loves Me," and all three girls and their brothers and sisters and cousins sang, "When I Am Baptized" for a special musical number.

I loved being a part of the baptisms as a mom. It was so fun to help the girls change into their white jumpsuits, and I loved being able to stand with them as they watched each other be baptized, and I especially loved the behind-the-scenes view from the side of the font as I watched Brian baptize Alyssa. I know that she was making a good choice to follow the Savior's example to be baptized, and I felt the Holy Ghost testify of the truthfulness of the ordinance of baptism and the love Heavenly Father feels for these girls.



While Alyssa and Marian were changing out of their wet clothes together they were exclaiming, "I want to do that again!" and "That was so much fun!" My sister and I enjoyed watching them talk with each other about how they felt and how excited they were. They are such sweet girls, and I know they're trying to make good choices to be closer to Heavenly Father. I'm so proud of them!

8 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

How wonderful! So proud of your Alyssa! Can't believe we'll be doing this in a few months...

Em and Ms said...

What an exciting, special day!

jeremy said...

Awwwwww. Great pictures - thanks for posting them! Alyssa is beautiful.

J-Leav said...

What a lovely little lady you are raising :)

Brooklet said...

Oh, what a great day, and how special that she got to share it with a cousin and a friend, too. She is beautiful. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

Cam said...

Wow, I can't believe you have an 8 year old! It sounds like her day was wonderful. Congratulations!

Shaillé said...

Congrats to Alyssa!

Cali said...

I'm so glad that it was such a good experience for her. I can't imagine what that will be like when I'm in your shoes:)