Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Nora


Today we visited my sister at the hospital to see her brand new baby girl, Elinore Rose Johnson. She is just the sweetest thing! She weighed in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce, and her face is so round. It's adorable. When I took Christina's other kids to the hospital yesterday, Eliza, who is two, kept saying, "This is my baby," and one time she almost slipped and said, "This is Mom's - this is my baby." All of the kids love her already, and they are all so excited!

Brian and I watched Chris and Nate's other five kids over the weekend, and we had a lot of fun, but I have to say that Christina and Nathan are amazing, because I am exhausted! (Actually, there's one more kid, Emma, but she was in Utah with my parents for my brother's graduation from the MBA program. Way to go, Phil!) You know how they say that when you serve people, you love them even more? Well, it's definitely true. Over the weekend I learned that Megan is the best big sister any girl can be, Michael is rockin' at mowing the lawn, Marian is so kind and patient, Derek is all over the rule of picking up the toys that are already out before you get more toys from the closet, and Eliza is just adorable. But what's neat is that because I was serving their family while Christina was in the hospital having Elinore, I felt a special bond with that baby the second I held her. She's less than two days old, and I love her so much, and she's not even my baby - she's Eliza's!

3 comments:

J-Leav said...

Yay! More Lewis family members! I love them all. Congrats to Phil!

See you in a week Care, I'm jazzed!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Thank you so much for taking care of them. I knew they were in good hands and having a blast with you. You were amazing. Thanks for cleaning my carpets and planting my bushes. No wonder you were tired!

Love ya!
Chris

Brooklet said...

Congratulations to Christina and family on the beautiful new girl.