Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Eyes Aren't Itchy Anymore!

This is me.


This is me in contacts.

(dramatic pause)

Any difference?

I know I don't look any different with contacts in as opposed to out (which, of course, is the whole point of contacts), but I feel so much better! (Actually, the first picture is a little blurry, and the second is clearer, so just pretend that the photos represent my vision clarity as well.)

Normally I have horrible Spring and Summer allergies that no eye drop can touch, and I suffer through them the entire summer, but for the last two days while my contacts have been in, my eyes don't itch or feel grainy at all. But once I take them out at night, the itching starts right up. I think I'll be wearing contacts a lot this summer.

Last night I was able to successfully remove them by myself, but I haven't yet put them in by myself. I have these "little, squinty eyes," as Brian says, "which must mean that [I'm] suspicious." It makes it really hard to put contacts in. Luckily, I can pull my optometrist out of bed each morning and ask him to put them in for me until I can do it myself.

Edited to Add: I went in to Family Eye Care yesterday and Ellie patiently taught me to put contacts in by myself! Yea!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Well, you look lovely either way. Having an optometrist around sure is nice, isn't it?

Cali said...

Oh, I love contact lenses! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Brooklet said...

I think I would have a difficult time putting in contacts- I have a bit of an eye phobia (not that I am afraid of eyes, but I am afraid of things going into my eye. I have to have Cody help me put eye drops in.

Once, an eye doctor was bringing a little needles syringe up to my eye to sqeeze water into a tear duct. I was so scared that I pushed his hand away as the needle got close- which i know is not something I should have done, but it was kind of a panicked reflex. So we tried it again, this time I say on my hands. I just don't know how I would do with contacts!