Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Picking My Battles...And Just Barely Winning


Ethan refuses to wear clothes. He prefers to wear pajamas or just his underwear. Now, for a four year old, this isn't a huge problem, but when he wears one pair of pj's to bed, and then a new pair the next day, and so on and so on, he runs out of clean pajamas pretty quickly. So this morning, when he kicked and screamed when I tried to force him to get dressed, I laid his clothes out on the dressing room floor and told him he didn't get breakfast until he was dressed. You can see from the underwear-clad picture that it's not exactly phasing him. We'll see how hungry he gets in a couple of hours.

Oh, and he's standing on the chair behind me and saying, "Are you putting H's in it, Mom?"


Update 8:30 - Ethan said, "Mom, I'm in my chair. I'm ready for beckfust." I told him that he needed to put his clothes on to have breakfast, he said okay, then disappeared upstairs for five minutes and came back down again in his underwear. He is now (8:45) sitting at the table, stirring imaginary things in his bowl and saying, "Beckfust please!" and "Cerul please!"


Update 10:49 - I guess we're having an early lunch. Ethan is sitting at the table saying, "Can I have my hanwich now?" Then when I tell him he can have his sandwich as soon as he puts his clothes on, he yells "I hate cothes!" Can you see his pants and a shoe on the table? It wouldn't be hard for him to put them on...


Update 10:58 - Victory! And he's enjoying his grilled cheese right now.

Update 11:10 - He's now on his second grilled cheese sandwich. I wonder why he's so hungry?

1 comment:

KellyAnne said...

Good for you and sticking to it! That is so hard to do sometimes! Way to go, both of you!