Monday, October 26, 2009

Tombstone Tales A Success

This is me, being all ghostlike, because Megan tried really hard, but the pictures kept turning out blurry. And the next picture is Megan and the other girl playing Elaine Compton. They became fabulous friends over the weekend.

Oh, Megan and I had a wonderful weekend! Thursday's rehearsal wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it would be. We actually only went through the first and last of our parts so the Grimm Reapers would know what to listen for. KEPR news came out and taped a segment for Friday morning's news. Megan was interviewed for it, and she was so cute!

Friday morning was cold and extremely rainy. We had school groups come through, and they all crowded under canopies with us dead people. It was fun to see that the elementary kids came through with coats and hats, and the middle schoolers were mostly wearing sweaters.

In the second or third group through, there was a woman who gasped and took a step back when I said that my dad was hung. Surprising her surprised me so much that I chuckled, and I had to force back a smile when I was talking about my dad dying.

Friday even's session was dry, but cold. I had on two layers of long sleeved shirts, and tights and jeans on under my costume. I was so glad that we had all morning to practice on kids before doing "the real thing." It was so fun!

Saturday afternoon was great, because my parents and Grandma Yeats, and Brian's mom and grandma came through. It was a little hard to get into character in the daylight after doing it in the dark the night before, but it was still fun.

Saturday evening was the best, because we all knew what to expect, and I also had on an extra sweater and long johns. The baseball player and the military guy and I got together to talk while we weren't performing, and that made it fun. The military guy actually works as a history teacher at Pasco High, and it was fun to talk with him about which teachers still work there and what all the programs are doing.

After cleaning up on Saturday evening, we all got together at a local restaurant for dinner. Megan and I are on the list to be a part of "Night at the Museum" that CREHST puts on in February, and we're excited for that. It was so fun to have a vacation from the kids (Thanks Mom, Diane, and Christina for watching them!) and to do something completely different and new for a few days.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is so cool Carrie! You look great in the video too! What a fun experience.

Brooklet said...

I had a dream that you and I were living in pittsburgh and you did your halloween roll-play and i didn't come watch. I felt so bad.

But if we did live close to you, I definitely would have come to see you. I bet you did great- so glad you are out doing something creative and something so fun for you!

Cali said...

Way to go--I'm sure it took up a lot of your time, but it sounds like it was worth it! How fun for your kids to see you perform! I'm so glad that you had such a good experience.