Thursday, September 17, 2009

etHan

Yesterday, when Ethan woke up, he slowly came down the stairs, and when I greeted him from the bottom, he said in his little half asleep voice, "Mom, I love the letter H!"

We don't know why he loves the letter H so much, but ever since he learned his letters, H has been his absolute favorite.

Last week, at his cousic Tegel's birthday party, we were getting out lunch sacks to put the kids' goodies in, and when I put Ethan's name on his, I asked if he wanted a star or smiley face on it, and he said, "No, I want an H." So he had a little brown bag with his name, and a huge capital H on it.

And now, he's sitting on my lap, watching me type. A minute ago he asked, "Are you doing yours work, Mom?"

"I'm actually writing about you," I said.

"Oh," and he thought for a moment. "Are there H's in it? Mom, are you putting H's in it?

2 comments:

NaDell said...

That's so cute!
Elizabeth was all fixated on the number 17 for a while. Everything was 17.

Brooklet said...

I appreciate letter appreciation- it makes the everyday word that much more exciting! Ethan sound like he keeps you guys laughing.