Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a Little Adventure

Yesterday I loaded up the kids, my mom, and my niece, Merian into the van and we drove to Spokane to play in the snow with my sister, Kim. The thought process that lead to this was, "Alyssa doesn't have school this week. It would be nice to do something fun with her and the boys. It would be cool to take her skiing, but I don't think I'm good enough to teach someone else, and it's expensive, and I'd have to find someone to watch the boys. Hey, we should go sledding, instead. Where would we find snow? Spokane! Mom said that there was a ton of snow in Spokane when she was there on Sunday. We should go sledding in Spokane."

From that thought, I called my mom, then Kim, and soon it evolved from an afternoon sledding trip to an overnight party, and back to an afternoon sledding trip. We left around 11:00, and made it to Kim's house, then the park around 2:00. Apparently, it's been warmer in Spokane over the last few days, because a lot of the snow was gone. There was still enough to go sledding, but the hill had a ton of bumps, and there were trees lining the edges, which were actually really easy to run into. (No one did, but we sure got close!) When the boys started crying because they were too cold, we loaded the kids back in the van, went to McDonalds for dinner, and headed home.

The girls had a great time giggling and singing in the back of the van. Ethan had a good time watching the trains, Marcus slept most of the time, and my mom and I had a wonderful time talking with each other. I even learned that when my dad was in college he dated the sister missionary who taught my mom before she joined the church. Pretty cool.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

That sounds like a fun trip. We need to get our kids together again. Are you busy on Friday afternoon?

Kimberly Nicole said...

It was fun! I'm glad that you guys got to come up, it was nice to see you! Thanks for coming!

Johnsons said...

Marian had a great time!