Monday, March 09, 2009

Another Year Older, and Wiser, too?

It's been a good birthday. Alyssa even says that God gave me a birthday present in the form of a beautiful hail storm that lasted nearly a half hour. The hail was coming down like crazy, and building up on the grass. We went out and danced in it for a while. It was very cool.

Brian sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The kids and I watched Madagascar 2 and had pizza for dinner. Then we made a cake where the overall frosting technique was, "Frost the cake, put pretty squigglies all over it, and put drop flowers wherever Ethan or Marcus poked and/or grabbed handfuls of cake and frosting."

I've had a ton of people either stop by or call or email to wish me a happy birthday, and Katie says that I've apparently got some well wishes on Facebook, too. I didn't even think to check Facebook! Anyway, birthdays are fun. (ooh, here comes a rhyme.) Birthdays are great, and this one is special 'cause I'm twenty-eight. Yep, I'm going to bed now.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope your day was wonderful!

Kim-the-girl said...

Hey, I'll be 28 this year too! I didn't remember we were the same age.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Brooklet said...

I thought of you on your birthday! Hope it was wonderful!!