Wednesday, April 02, 2008

This Was Recorded in the Bible?

Tonight for Activity Day Girls we are having a "Gotta Have Faith" night. The leaders are dressing up as bible women and telling their stories, and the girls are bringing Book of Mormon stories to tell. This is what happens when I leave things like this, unfinished, on the computer:


My name is Rebekah. I lived a long time ago, about 2,000 years after the earth was created. I married a man named Isaac, and he was a prophet of God. The story about how Isaac and I met is recorded in the book of Genesis.

Isaac’s father was the prophet Abraham. Abraham made covenants, or promises to Heavenly Father, and in return, Heavenly Father promised Abraham that his children, and children’s children, and their children’s children – and all the way down to our time would like applesauce.

It’s a little known fact that I was an avid scrap booker – actually, most of the hieroglyphic pages in the Book of Abraham were done by me. Unfortunately, the stickers didn’t survive all those years.

Another tidbit about me is that I *love* bunnies. It’s too bad we didn’t have Easter bunnies back in my day, because I would have been all over that.

On a more serious note, my sons Joseph and Benjamin were offered leading parts in the musical Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat – I thought they both did a great job.

It’s likely that you’re my descendents because Joseph’s two sons were Ephraim and Manasseh (most people in the church today are from the tribe of Ephraim).

In the Book of Mormon, Nephi quotes my grandson Joseph when he was prophesying about the coming of the Prophet Joseph Smith.


·

·

5 comments:

Cali said...

That's great! Bryan made the changes I'm assuming? Hilarious!

Tonya said...

LOL, what a shame that the girls didn't get to hear this.

Anonymous said...

Tell Brian that made me laugh out loud! -Christina

Shaillé said...

I love the scrapbooker part! Haha.

By the way, how do you like your scrapbooking program? :)

Kimberly Nicole said...

That is awesome! I especially love the Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat.