Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweet Lovers Love - - The Spring

I love, love, love that Spring is here. I love the tulips in our yard. I love walking Alyssa to school. I love wearing cute skirts. And I love the sunshine.

I especially love that the days are getting longer, and it feels like we have so much more time. During the winter my kids get tired so early in the evening, and it's dark, so we put them to bed at 7:00 or 7:30. It felt so rushed to have dinner, then clean up, get the kids ready for bed, have scripture study, then put the kids to bed. Now that it's getting dark later, we're putting the kids to bed at 8:00 or 8:30, and it makes the evenings so much more relaxed. I think now that Brian's finals are over (for the rest of his life!) that we relaxed a little too much this evening. It's 8:17 and we haven't even started getting ready for bed yet. That's why our children love the Spring.

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

From Charlie and the chocolate factory.

I, too, love the spring. Because it means I get to start working in the yard, my favorite thing of all. So do you guys know where you will be going this year?

Carrie said...

I knew you would know that, Brooke! I can't wait until I have a yard to work in.

Our rotations are in Forest Grove/Portland, Tacoma, Oregon City, and Walla Walla. The kids and I are going to move to the Tri-Cities in August, and Brian's going to do his rotations by himself.