Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Sensitive Boys

Well, it looks like we're a Pampers family. Alyssa wore them because she moved too fast for any other diapers. When she was a baby, Pampers was the only diaper I knew of that had both the sticky and Velcro tabs, instead of just the Velco. She would wiggle her way out of any other type of diaper I tried to put her in.

Ethan and Marcus are both allergic to anything other than Pampers. We discovered this when Ethan was a newborn, and we couldn't use wipes on him, because his skin was too sensitive, and his bottom would rash with most diapers. Ethan is still very allergic to any kind of Huggies product.

We've had Marcus in Pampers since birth, but I thought we would try out the Kirkland diapers from Costco. They are wonderful, and wonderfully cheap, but they are giving him such a rash, and the rash is covering any part of his bottom that wasn't sitting in poop. It's mostly his lower back that's very raw, and it is so sad.

So back to Pampers for us. I don't really know why I wanted to share this. But I did all the same. I hope you enjoyed it.

Edited to add: I figured out why I posted about this. If anyone in the area wants to buy 180 diapers for 30 bucks, let me know. We obviously can't use them. They're size 3 (16-28 lbs).

4 comments:

Brooklet said...

ohh, sorry about the bum rash- hopefully pampers will take good care of your fam.

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! I never realized how lucky we are, we've never had any major skin issues with diapers... If Levi weren't just about out of 3s and I hadn't just bought a box from Costco, I would totally want them. We will be seeing you in a few weeks for graduation! ;o)

Shaillé said...

Hmm, that is interesting that only Pampers is okay, good you figured that out.

Yeah, we'd buy them from you but we have no extra room in our car for the move. ;)

Stephanie said...

You should be able to return them to costco and get your money back. Even if you've used a portion of the box. By the way, the new Kirkland Diapers are actually made by Huggies, so maybe it's just Huggies!

Stephanie