Saturday, April 26, 2008

BeAcH

Brian gave us advanced notice that he would be spending the day studying, so the kids and I took advantage of the weather and took off to the beach. We went to Seaside. I misjudged the distance between Tillamook and Seaside, so went the went the wrong way, and it took us over two hours to get there. It was a beautiful drive, but there was a time or two when I imagined the car broken down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with a mom and three kids and a cell phone with no service. (Scary!)















Alyssa and I took pictures of each other on the walk to the beach.



Alyssa spent her time collecting "treasures."



Ethan loved to arrange the rocks along the top of the logs. He ended up with a huge line of rocks, then he took a feather and knocked them all down.



Alyssa, of course, made a ton of new friends.



This was Marcus's first trip to the ocean. He loved it!



This picture just captures the lives of Alyssa and Ethan. She's a hard one to keep up with.



I swear they were clean when we got there! I didn't realize it was going to be so beautiful and warm, other wise I would have dressed the kids in play clothes. I thought we would be walking around the beach, not crawling and bulldozing through the sand.

8 comments:

Brooklet said...

How fun! I am glad you were brave enough to take three kids by yourself on a fun little trip- I often talk myself out of things like that because of the work it involves, but it looks like you and the kids made some great memories. Plus, I LOVE the oregon coast!

Wendi said...

Whats a little dirt? The kids look like they had a blast! I am like Brooke too. I talk myself out of things because of the work involved AND I love the Oregon Coast too!

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh! I can't wait until we get to experience the Oregon Coast again in a few weeks! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Way to go!

Kim-the-girl said...

By the way, I really like your carrier for Marcus... did you make it or buy it?

Kori said...

Fun stuff! You can always tell if the kids had fun or not by how dirty they are.

Carrie said...

Kim, I bought it. It's a Beco baby carrier, and I LOVE it. It's a big purchase (I think it was $120) but it's been well worth it. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Tonya said...

What a beautiful day for the beach. I'm glad that you all had fun.

Clement Family said...

You were very brave to say the least!!! Much a better mom than I. :)