Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Much Needed Vacation

This week started out pretty cruddy. Along with other things, I broke our glass pitcher that we got when we were first married (I love that thing!), Ethan has been getting up at 5:00, so I haven't been able to go to the gym (where's my 'me' time?), I nearly burned down our house when I put a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave (what was I thinking?), and there's something else really cruddy that happened earlier this week, but things must be looking up because I can't remember what it was.

Ethan needs his hearing checked, and he needs to be tested by early intervention, because he's still hardly talking. But Dr. Brown says that since the rest of his development is right on or ahead, it's most likely that he's just not ready to talk yet.

So it started out as a yucky, crummy week, but the past couple of days I've been feeling better. And tomorrow we get to pack up our little car and go to the Tri-Cities for spring break. We're so excited! It's going to feel so nice just to get away and hang out with our families. Also what's fun: We got Ethan to say 'water' yesterday, and Marcus is starting to crawl.

4 comments:

5dollarFanatic said...

That can be stressful when they don't communicate as well as you'd like them to. Amber still doesn't speak complete english-she still mixes real words with her own jargon. I hope she grows out of that before kindergarten but i am really just going to enjoy that she does it while i can. It's a unique thing about her which makes her different from her older sister.

Brooklet said...

What?? How old is Marcus? 5 months and he is crawling????? Good luck with that.

I feel like I need a vacation all the time. Sometimes I wish I could go to a hut on a tropic beach, sit out all by myself and read a book. But I am not holding my breath for that any time soon.

Shaillé said...

Sometimes everything just seems to come at you all at once - I'm glad it's starting to feel like things are going better.

That's amazing that Marcus is already starting to crawl!

Hope you guys have a great, stress-free spring break!!

Marie said...

I found your blog through Google while searching for modest nursing tanks. I love your idea and left a comment about it on your Modest is Hottest.

First of all, I LOVE OREGON! My grandma lives in Glide by Roseburg and I have the BEST memories of summers spent at Grandma's house.

Secondly, my little guy Hank didn't talk very well early on. I had his hearing tested too but everything checked out OK. He was smart as a whip but couldn't tell anyone about it. It didn't even seem to bother him much because he was so easy going. He's been in speech therapy at our elementary school for a year and a half now and has improved GREATLY in his speech abilities. I still love the way he mixes up his sounds though.

I think I'm going to have to check back here...oh no, another blog to be addicted to! Help!