Friday, March 14, 2008

Nicknames

Brian
If I'm not calling him by his actual name, I usually call Brian 'Honey,' or 'Brian - Love'.

Carrie
Brian calls me 'Carriewif'. I don't know exactly how it became 'wif' instead of 'wife,' but that's what he calls me. We actually have a pretty good-sized rock sitting on a bookshelf in our living room that is engraved to say, "Carriewif, I love you." Usually when a man gives his wife a "rock" it means a diamond, but not at our house. I love that rock. Brian has actually been on a campaign the last couple of years to change my name to 'Mama Llama Ding Dong.' The scary thing is, sometimes it works.

Alyssa
We usually call Alyssa 'Lissie." In fact, when she was a baby I labeled things of hers by writing Lissie with the i's as flowers. It was pretty cute. We also call her 'Lis,' 'Lissie - Boo,' and 'Lissa.' Brian calls her 'Alyssa - Monkey' sometimes, or just plain 'Monkey.' One thing that I've noticed lately is that I call Alyssa 'Baby' and 'Babe,' but I don't call the boys that. It's funny that even though she's my oldest, she's still my baby.

Ethan
Ethan doesn't have any nicknames derived from his name. We usually just call him just 'Ethan.' Nickname-wise though, we call him, 'Sir' and 'Little Man.' We also call him 'Bud' or 'Bub.'

Marcus
Marcus is my baby. I call him 'My Marcus' and 'My man.' I love saying, "Who's My Marcus? Marcus is!" while changing his diaper and watching him just smile at me. And since he's the baby, right now he's the one privileged to be called 'Little One.'

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Cute nicknames. I'll bet the rock is cute.

My hubby is Timmer Don or honey and my son is Bird or Boo.

Kristen said...

Hi Carrie! I'm so glad to hear you've taken such a sweet interest in my little Cayman. Thanks for commenting! :o) Take care!

Brooklet said...

I think lissie is such a cute nickname for alyssa! With our girls, we just add stinky-goo-goo-bear-bug to their names and thats their nicknames.