Sunday, March 09, 2008

Birthday Weekend

27 years old, that's what I am. Like all of my other birthdays to date, I don't feel any different than I did yesterday. But, we had a great weekend.

On Friday we went to Red Robin, and I had the new Bruschetta Chicken Burger with Parmesan Steak Fries. It was so yummy! Alyssa loved that they sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and she and Ethan helped me eat my ice cream.

On Saturday Ethan and I got up at 6:00 (it was Ethan's idea, not mine) and we made name tags and printed out character information for our murder mystery party that was taking place that night. When everyone woke up, we started cleaning the house and rearranging the furniture. Ethan and Alyssa were having a great time making messes while I cleaned, but once I gave a little lecture about how we all needed to clean the house and (a little louder, so Brian could hear) "get out of bed," the cleaning went a lot smoother. Alyssa washed walls, while Ethan was in charge of getting the dust buster out when I was done sweeping. Brian's job was to put together a play list of 40's music and to hold and entertain Marcus. When everything was almost ready, we headed to Costco to pick up the cake and some flowers, and we ended up getting cream puffs and cookie dough too.

The party was fabulous. It seemed like everyone had a great time - I hope they did. We played "Dazzled to Death" by Freeform Games. Char and Mason did a great job of keeping their secrets secret, and Trent did a stupendous job of being the thief. He made little cards that said "Puma, you've been plucked" (Puma was the name given to the thief) and he left them around the house when he stole something. Items that went missing were: the cake knife, my camera, and Cali's bag of diamonds. He almost got away with it all, but when he sat down and the cake knife fell out of his pocket, he got caught. Brian was killed by accident, (accident meaning he wasn't supposed to be killed and I, as the one in charge, killed him wrongfully) and he was soon resurrected. Nate was killed on purpose by Casey and Derek, but not before he was able to blackmail Char. Brian was the FBI agent who arrested Trent. Anyway, great time.

And Sunday was my birthday. We went to church, I said prayer in Relief Society, then we came home and had dinner. I had cake for breakfast and lunch, which I think is perfectly fine to do on your birthday. The leftovers are going in the freezer for a while though, because I am caked-out.

5 comments:

Cali said...

Tanti auguri a te! (Happy Birthday the way the Italians say it). I hope that your birthday was wonderful!

Nate and I had a wonderful time, and are happy you invited us. We are sorry we couldn't stay and visit longer--though I'm sure your kids needed to get to bed as much as ours did! But, it was a fun evening! Just wish we could have chatted a little bit more! We had a great time.

Tanti auguri again!

Tonya said...

Looks like a wonderful party. I didn't know it was your birthday on Sunday or I would have wished you a Happy Birthday so I guess I'll just have to wish you one here...Happy Birthday!!

Shaillé said...

Glad you had a great birthday weekend! :) If it's not too much of a hassle...Casey and I forgot to bring our camera Saturday night, so if you happened to get any pictures with us in them, could you email them to me whenever you have a chance? caseyandshaille@hotmail.com

Thanks!! Happy Birthday (again)!

Kimberly Nicole said...

sounds great! That would be a really cool party... the girls at my house and i say, "send some of that cake our way" :-) (that's from our conversation on sunday about wanting to by cake while at costco on saturday).

Brooklet said...

Happy Birthday! The murder mystery game sounds crazy and fun! what a great way to celebrate the big 27!