Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm a Butterfly with ADHD

Seriously, I keep going from one thing to the other, just like a butterfly. I have a gazillion projects and ideas running around through my head, and it's driving me crazy. I can't even start one thing before I start thinking about another thing.

Here are a few of the projects and other things floating around my head.
  • I want to make night gowns for Alyssa, because all the ones in the store are character pajamas and not long enough for her.
  • I want to make our "Caught Being Good" trophy. We're going to JoAnns today, and I want to get going on that, but I still haven't decided exactly what it will look like.
  • I want to make a going to bed/bedtime routine book for Ethan, and hopefully get him sleeping through the night.
  • I want to make nursing shirts to sell in an etsy shop. I've got ten shirts purchased from Downeast Basics just sitting in a bag for me to cut and sew. The white ones are actually almost done, but I haven't gotten a chance to finish them yet.
  • I want to have an unbirthday party for Alyssa in April, because we'll be moving for her birthday in August. I've got tons of great ideas for an Alice in Wonderland party. The cake is going to be stupendous!
  • I want to build a house when we graduate, and Brian and I are starting to look into whether or not that's even a possibility.
  • I think I want to have another baby around the time we graduate, so we can be done (if we want to stop at four) with having babies the same time we're done with school.
  • I want to go to Disneyland with my parents this spring. Brian and I have saved up our credit card reward points for a few years, and we've got the park tickets covered with that, and we're selling our stuff on craigslist and ebay (which is a great way to clean the garage!) to raise money for the rest of the trip.
  • I'm in the middle of putting together a story book of fairy tales I wrote for the kids. I had Alyssa dress up like a princess to take pictures for her story, and I need to dress Ethan up and take pictures for his story, and I need to write a story for Marcus. (so far the idea for the title is "The Squibble Squabble Baby." Alyssa's story is "The Wiggle Waggle Princess" - can you guess why? And Ethan's is the "Jibber Jabber Prince.")
  • I'm planning my future bedroom. A couple of years ago I painted all our furniture a beautiful black, and I want to make a quilt that's a warm, deep red with very light cream.
  • And that's not all!
See what I mean? I'm totally focused on one idea, then the next morning I wake up totally focused on something else. My brain will not slow down long enough for my body to catch up. I'm sure that every time I call my mom or my sister, they're probably thinking, "What's Carrie going to come up with today?"

9 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I can relate to this, though I don't think I'm quite as ambitious as you. I can't wait to see Alyssa's unbirthday cake. I'm doing one today for RS birthday celebration.

Shaillé said...

I'm the same way too - always a million and one projects I want to do and never enough time to do them. I really like your idea of the fairy tale storybook of the kids - too cute!

Tonya said...

That made me tired just reading it. You are so creative.

All the ideas are great!

Cali said...

Sounds just like me. For me, time is never enough! And--I usually have NO idea how to start or what to do with whatever it is I want to do. So...the item stays on my list forever with hundreds of false starts that lead to nowhere. It sounds like you've got a better grasp on things!

By the way--can I take a peek at your shirts next week? I NEED to see them in person!

Brooklet said...

Where are you moving in August? And, are you doing a mad hatters cake??? And, I LOVE the idea of writing fairy tale books for each of your kids- that is so creative- so Carrie!

Good luck with everything!!

Carrie said...

Cali, come on over whenever you want. That sounds fine.

Brooke, we haven't really decided what's going on in August. Either we're all going to Tacoma with Brian or the kids and I will move to Tri-Cities. Who knows? I'm actually not doing a mad hatters cake, although I do love them. I'm actually doing a grassy hill with a rabbits hole with various characters on the cake. I figured 5 year olds would appreciate that more.

KellyAnne said...

How cool that you're writing fairy tales about your kids! I love it! I would love to see your finished product someday!

Kori said...

This post sounds a lot like me! I can't stay focused on one project/problem/job for very long. In fact last week I was also in JoAnn's trying to get the stuff for about three projects. I am glad you found my blog. The pancakes are yummy, especially if you can't have milk or eggs (like my little boy).

Barney Family Blog said...

Wow Carrie, you are so ambitious. I can't believe it!! You are definately someone with great drive. I think it is great you think of so many good things to do.