Friday, February 01, 2008

Happy February!

Brian started the month of love off right tonight by taking me on a surprise date to Brazil Grill in Portland. He came home from class yesterday and told me he had a surprise for our evening. He then spent about two hours trying to find a babysitter. We ended up getting Skyler Sharp to come watch Alyssa and Ethan, and he did a great job.

When we got to the restaurant Brian said to me, "You'd better eat a lot- this place is expensive." It's funny how things change when you get married. No guy would ever say that to his date before marriage. In fact, there was a couple who came and sat at the table beside us, filled their plates with salad, had a couple small pieces of meat, and left. They were on a real date. They missed out, 'cause the food was delicious. We did eat a lot; we stuffed ourselves silly.

It was fun to go on a date. We haven't been out in so long! And it was especially fun to have it be a surprise. I had no idea where we were going until we pulled into the parking lot. I guess it helped Brian's secret-keeping that I didn't know we had a Churrascaria in the area.

5 comments:

Brooklet said...

How fun! Its the whole finding a babysitter that kinda ruins spontinuity in marriage! I had a good mental image watching you and Brian stuff yourselves 'silly'.

What happened to the tongue post?? It was nasty looking!

Carrie said...

There were those who found my negative comments about beef tongue offensive, so for the sake of my marriage, I removed it.

Cali said...

That's so sweet.

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm jealous!

Brooklet said...

LOL!