Wednesday, January 30, 2008

To Catch You Up

Brian has been reading Mrs. Pigglewiggle with Alyssa each night, and she loves it.

Here's Ethan's birthday cake. I was going to make it during his nap time to surprise him, but it was so fun to have him watch me make it. He loves cake, so he was very interested, and once he realized it was a car, he was so excited! You're seeing it from the side, because if you look at it from the front you see that it's a short, wide race car. If it was to scale you could probably fit four or five people in the front seat. It was yummy, though!

I discovered that our tortillas were moldy after I had all the taco fixings put together, so I made my own torillas. It was so much fun!

Alyssa loves playing outside, and she dresses herself. (There are no socks under those rain boots!) Needless to say, she didn't stay outside for very long.

Alyssa and I made Valentine's for her Kindergarten class. I'm tired of Disney Princess, the Barbie valentines at the store weren't pretty, and the only other girl option was Bratz. I know they need more petals on each flower, but by the time I realized that I was tired of cutting hearts out, so we left it. I'm pretty proud of the bee, though. I made it myself! Brian says I'm not the first person to come up with "bee mine" but the "bee mine" is the stripe! Personally, I think that's pretty clever. I always forget to give bees antennas for some reason.

11 comments:

5dollarFanatic said...

You and Brooke are so creative and crafty-too bad i didn't live closer to you guys maybe it'd rub off. Anyway I just saw wendi's blog and through the links on her page found yours and Brooke's. You guys still look the same and beautiful as ever. Congrats on your new little baby-your children are all adorable.

Cam said...

Good work on the valentines, they turned out cute. I can't believe that Ethan is already 2, your kids are getting big so fast!

Carrie said...

Arin! I'm so glad you wrote! It's been years!!

Okay, enough of the yelling. I just checked your blog. Your girls are beautiful, and you great too-even pregnant! I'll keep checking it now that I know you're a part of the blogging world.

Carrie said...

sorry, Arin...you look great

Kimberly Nicole said...

I love the car! How did you do that? I love the tires..Heheh...
The valentines are very pretty. I love the bee!

Tonya said...

You are one talented and creative gal. The cakes is awesome!

we share: said...

I love those valentines- how cute! You have been so busy? how do you make your own tortillas? That looks yummy!!!

Carrie said...

It was easy Char. They're actually very easy to make. We just found a recipe online that had a tutorial on how to make tortillas. The thing that surprised me was that they needed to "rest" a couple of times. I thought they would be like biscuits where you just mix them up a make them.

Brooklet said...

WOw, the cake is fantastic! I love that you made homemade cards for Alyssa. There is just something so special about taking the time to make a card that says I love you. . . instead of a card with Bratz on them??!?

Kim-the-girl said...

You've been busy! Each looks completely worthwhile. Thanks for the ideas :o)

KellyAnne said...

Those are adorable! Great job! Kara always prefers to make her own valentines. It's fine with me! I always did that as a kid too, and it was really fun.
Your cake is amazing too! Wish I could do it that well!