Saturday, October 13, 2007

Finally!

Brian's parents are in town for the weekend, and yesterday Diane helped me finish decorating the living room. We decorated when we moved in, but then when we moved the computer desk, it needed "refreshing" and I just never got around to it. It was great having some help, because Diane though of some things that I never would have come up with. Also, she brought some vinyl lettering that my sister-in-law, Claire, made for me. Our house finally looks put together again! It's beautiful.

This is what you see as you walk through the front door.












The couch is to the left of you, and this is our "family wall" above the couch.













To the right is the fireplace and computer desk. The picture in the middle is a drawing of Heidelberg, Germany (where Brian was born) that we got at an estate sale. There was a letter tucked in the back from the Mom. I'm assuming she gave them the picture.









This is the dining room. The picture on the right is a Mary and baby Jesus picture that Brian got for me as a graduation present when he graduated from BYU.











And finally, still in the dining room, is the quote Claire made. It says, if you can't tell, "There is nothing more nourishing to the soul than family life." I love it!

10 comments:

Shaillé said...

It does look beautiful - way to go!! :)

Clement Family said...

Looks good!!! I like how you got the picture when he graduated. nice.

Brooklet said...

It all looks so cheery. It is fun to see your surroundings. I always thinks its a bit strange not to really know where people I know live.

J-Leav said...

You have bead board in your dining room! I am SICK with jealousy!!! I aspire for even some chair rail! May you realize how blessed your little home is. Oh, by the way...moving to Vegas December 15th. I'll be home sometime at the end of December, you?

tharker said...

Hey Carrie! Your room looks good. Brooke gave me those same black frames (the matching set on your "family wall") for my birthday a couple of years ago. I love them!

Your vinyl quote is really cool!

Tonya said...

Your house looks awesome. I love the quote in the kitchen! Very nice house with lots of character.

Carrie said...

Jamie, we will definitely be in the Tri-Cities for Christmas. You can even come to our baby's blessing! So what's the news? Is Brandon transferring schools, or is he done?

Carrie said...

Welcome to my blog, Tiffany! I can't believe the famous blogger, tharker, is reading my blog! How cool!

I think I've actually seen those frames in a picture on your blog. I love them too!

J-Leav said...

Care,
We're finishing up our last residual bits of law school in Vegas. He has a job lined up and everything- light at the end of the tunnel!! I would love to come to the blessing. Let me know!

Kimberly Nicole said...

It looks amazing carrie! it's beautiful. I love it! I'm gonna have to have you come help with my house when I get one of my "own". good job!