Sunday, July 01, 2007

When Brian and I were first married I had two different people, at two different times, in two different states compare the way Brian runs to a gazelle. With his long legs he can bound across a soccer field or around a baseball diamond in no time flat. Apparently, Ethan either hasn't inherited this trait or he hasn't acquired it yet. When Ethan runs, he sounds like a herd of elephants. Yes, one boy sounds like a whole herd of elephants. He picks up his feet when he runs, and almost slams them into the ground, which amplifies ten-fold on a hard wood floor....and he runs fast.

The kids and I are staying at my sister's house for a while so Brian can study for boards. As I lay in bed this morning, I could tell everywhere that Ethan went as he thundered around downstairs, following his cousins. Maybe when he's older he'll run like a more graceful animal, but for now he's quite content sounding like a whole herd of elephants.

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Sounds like a wild kingdom there! I will be in Pasco July8-16- will you still be there?

Anonymous said...

We might be. The plan is to stay until this weekend, and then we'll see how Brian is doing without us to see if we can stay another week. Alyssa's signed up for swim lessons for two weeks though. Jamie's coming into town the same time as you, too.

-Carrie

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Just found your blog through a comment you left on Tonya's...am loving it! I used to live down in the Forest Grove area, and your name sounds familiar. Is your hubby an Optometry student?