Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just a Few of the Reasons

I just have to say that I love my family so much! So many wonderful things happened today.

Alyssa and Ethan helped clean the toy room and their bedroom, and they played outside together so I could work on the laundry and cleaning the rest of the house. Brian came home from class early and I was feeling pretty sick, so he watched Alyssa while Ethan and I took a nap. (I know, a nap two days in a row!)


Brian went grocery shopping for me (yea!) and was very adamant that I be the one to unpack the grocery sacks. I found a Motherhood Maternity gift card on top of the eggs! While I was happily putting the groceries away (and dancing around the kitchen, rejoicing over the gift card), Brian took the kids out on the deck to throw those popper/snapper/firework things on the ground. Every time one popped, Ethan would giggle uncontrollably. It was adorable.










I asked Brian if he could make up a batch of Ranch dressing for dinner. Pretty soon Alyssa and Ethan decided to help him, and I turned around to see the whole family making dinner together. That was so fun!






And last, but not least, Alyssa and Ethan both helped me clean out the dishwasher. (Yes, I realize Ethan is not wearing any pants. He sat in the swimming pool today.) Ethan normally helps me clean out the dishwasher by standing on the door and handing me the cups. I thought he just enjoyed handing me things, but it turns out that he really knows that he's helping. He grabbed some silverware, headed to the drawer (which is over his head), pulled it open, and threw them in. What a helper!

Needless to say, it's been a wonderful day. I'd say that I want another one just like it tomorrow, but we don't have the money to be giving Carrie gift cards every day. I'll gladly take some help with dinner and Ethan's giggles as often as they're given to me, though.

3 comments:

Kimberly Nicole said...

That's cool. I'm glad you had a great day. Enjoy it before the kids become teenagers and they go straight from the dinner table to the computer... or you can train them to help out every day... :) Well I hope today was as good as yesterday!!

Brooklet said...

Another great day!! yeah got the two naps in a row! And buy yourself som'um cute.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!