Friday, June 22, 2007

"I'm Going to Look so Beautiful on the Blog!"


Today we played "Salon." We put a garbage sack around Alyssa (I couldn't find our smock) and chopped off about four inches of her hair. I had her call me Delilah and I talked to her as if she was a customer in the salon. I asked if that was her dad waiting in the other room and she told me a bit about him. It distracted her enough to keep her in the chair, but she still didn't hold still nearly as much as when we took her in to a real salon.


She loves her new haircut! She says she looks just like Abby from her Primary class, and she thinks that Abby is so pretty. She spent about five minutes primping in front of the mirror before she went to show Brian.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

FYI- the piece hanging long on the left side of the picture isn't really longer, it just didn't get curled under.

Brooklet said...

Its a really cute hair cut! Good job, and it doesn't hurt that your model is so darn pretty!

I love how you make everything as routine as a haircut fun for your kids! I have always admired your imagination and energy.

Kimberly Nicole said...

I love that you had her call you Delilah. I love your creativeness.
Her hair is way cute! Good job.