Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Am Turning Into a Blogger Nerd

I admit it. I am turning into a blogger nerd. I am so glad that Brooke showed me her wonderful blog last October, which inspired me to create my own. I love blogging!

I love looking at every one's blogs. I love keeping in touch with my friends and family, whether they're in Forest Grove or all the way across the country. Some days when I'm bored or lonely or just don't want to start the housework, I start looking at all my friends' blogs, and then I click on the links to their friends' blogs, until I'm reading about the lives of people I've never even heard of. Last night I didn't want to go to bed, so I clicked and scrolled my way down to the beginning of Tiffany Harker's blog and read the story of her blogging life. The only reasons I know of her is that she's Brooke's sister-in-law, and I've seen her in passing a couple of times at church while visiting Pasco. But even though I don't really know this lady, I really enjoyed reading what she had to say about her life and her family.

I love documenting special events from our lives, or even just writing about things that happen every day. I used to get email updates from one of my friends, and every time I read an email from her I would think about how boring my life is compared to hers. I thought that I never did anything fun and that nothing exciting ever happened to me. I was complaining to Brian about this when he said, "Carrie, we just had a party three days ago! That's not exciting enough for you?" After starting my blog I realized that everything is more exciting in print. When I blog about cleaning my house or spending time with my kids, those activities become a little more exciting for me.

I love posting pictures. For a long time I was hesitant to put pictures on my blog, because I thought it would take away the literary value of it, but I've found that pictures make blogging much more fun. I've even caught myself thinking, "Oh, I should take a picture of Alyssa getting her mouth washed out with soap so I can put it on my blog." I love showing the world how cute my kids are and how cute they look when they do the crazy tings they do.

I love publishing my posts. There's something about the word "publish" that makes a blog so official, and it makes me feel like an author. It's fun to think that my pictures, my thoughts, and my life are on the Internet for anyone to see (provided that they're not weirdos). I think Brian is probably tired of me constantly begging him to check out my newest post or asking him what he thinks of my new color scheme. I love scrolling through my published posts and I usually find myself thinking, "Hey, I wrote that" or "Isn't that picture so sweet?" I check my blog quite a few times each day, not only to see who's commented, but just to look at my published piece of work and marvel at the great hobby that blogging is.

4 comments:

Brooklet said...

I am a 100% with you on that! I, too, am addicted to blogging, and I am really glad that you decided to jump into the B-world. It has been fun for me to see more about your day, than I would from a monthly email or an even less frequent phone call. Thats what I love about blogging- I feel it keeps me in closer contact with my friends and family (if only all my friends would get blogs!!!).

Keep writing, because I think you do great- I can always feel your excitement for life as you publish and its very refreshing.

Tallia said...

I do the same thing...surfing blogs and getting involved in reading about the life of someone I don't even know. I have to be careful not to do that too often or I won't have time for my own life! Anyway, I also like being able to see more of your day. It's fun! Alyssa's hair is cute! I think short haircuts on little girls are cute.

aLi said...

I just clicked on your comment from Kim and Ethan's blog, the Balti Palace one (trying to give them a little confidentiality). And here I am. This is my first time visiting your blog, and I wanted you to know that I would like to say, "Amen!" to your post.
All of a sudden when I posted a picture of an ordinary dinner meal, I became super-cool to myself. It makes the simple things in life (making dinner, going to the store, whatever you've blogged about) much more like a big accomplishment. Especially since, like you said, it's published!

Carrie said...

Ali, thanks for visiting! Any friend of Kim and Ethan's is a friend of mine. I love the pictures Kim just put up of Bryant's.

I'll have to try taking a picture of our dinner sometime; our dinners are pretty boring. Maybe the picture will spice things up.