Saturday, February 10, 2007

He Loves Me!

Last night we went to a PAVA (spouse club for optometry school) Valentine's party. We almost won the "How Much Do You Know About Your Spouse" game. They had everyone who got more than 5 answers correct stand up. More than 10 answers? Everyone was still standing. More than 20? No one sat down. More than 25? All but five couples sat down. Less than 30? We all sat down. Stephanie counted down from 30 until all of the five couples were standing again. We all got 27 right. "We can't have a five-way tie," she said. So we did some tie-breaking questions, and Brian and I came in second place. He guessed that when I was younger I wanted to have 5 children, but in reality I wanted 6.

Then we played "Love Your Neighbor," and it was so much fun! At one point someone said, "No, I don't love my neighbor, but I love anyone who has been skinny dipping." After this I was terribly afraid that Brian would say that he loved anyone that has run across a bridge in their underwear. Yes, I have, and Brian teases me about it every time we drive over that cursed bridge. So three people after the skinny dipping person, someone stood in front of Brian.

"Brian, do you love you neighbor?"

"No," he replied. Here it comes. "But I really love...my wife."

No comments: