Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Afterbath

I told Brian today that I wanted to write a new post for my blog, but I couldn't think of anything to write about. Nothing incredibly exciting has happened lately, and I haven't made any life altering discoveries about myself, either. I've just been whining about Disneyland, and we've all had horrible colds this past week. I've decided to stop whining about Disneyland, and my cold has diminished from a constant, painful headache, to a simple stuffy nose.

So I needed something to write about, and Brian decided to be the inspiration for this post. "I need something to write about," I said, "and I can't think of a single thing." With that, Brian grabbed Alyssa and headed for the bathroom. I soon heard the bath water running and Alyssa talking excitedly about their "secret." Although I do enjoy taking hot baths, this wasn't great timing, because I wasn't allowed into the bathroom, and I really had to go. (Yes, I am aware that this is my second bathroom post.) With the low water pressure in the tub, it takes about twenty minutes to fill it up. Luckily, they let me in before it was too late, and Alyssa was really cute searching for the cd player. Brian put in "Classical Music for People Who Hate Classical," and though I don't hate classical music, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the cd.

There you have it: husbands can be romantic and thoughtful when they know it will be posted on the internet. I have to admit, though, that Brian has been romantic and thoughtful more often than I give him credit for. He made crepes for lunch when he came home early from school on Friday. And they were really good crepes. He also watched the kids so I could take a nap when my cold was at it's peak. I took some Nyquil and was out for three hours! I woke up at 4:45 and thought, "I should be making dinner," and the next thing I knew, it was 6:30.

He really is sweet, and I'm glad I've got him.

No comments: