Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nobody's Perfect

Confession: I love "Die Hard." Rated R for extreme violence, probably extreme language, and extreme flash of a topless lady during the Christmas party scene. But I love the fact that a barefoot and bleeding Bruce Willis takes out a group of terrorists to save his wife, and I love the limo driver rockin' out in the parking garage who saves the day at the last moment, and frankly, I love all the machine guns.

Confession: I have watched Barbie's "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" more times than I have read the Book of Mormon. I guess this isn't such a bad thing, because I've watched the movie at least fifty times, which is a lot. Today, we even watched it in Spanish.

Confession: I went through the self-checkout line at Fred Meyer when I bought some clothes so I could keep the hangers. Does this count as stealing? They were nice hangers--the nice plastic ones with the turny metal curvy part. We don't have any hangers like that, and they come in handy when we use Brian's garment bag when we're traveling.

Confession: I've lost more weight since Ethan's been born due to breastfeeding and getting the flu over Christmas than exercising. Before I got pregnant with Ethan I was running five miles every morning, but ever since he came around I've been to the gym probably ten or fifteen times. And he's almost a year old! I do enjoy exercising, though, and now that he's on a more regular sleeping schedule, I've started to go more regularly. And I've decided that since he's gotten himself into the habit of waking up at 5:00 every morning, I'm going to stop complaining about it and start doing something about it. I'll try to get my Book of Mormon reading caught up to "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" by reading my scriptures while Ethan plays in the toy room during the wee hours of the morning. Then I'll hand him over to Brian at 5:45 and head to the gym.

I guess taking care of two out of four vices isn't bad. It's fifty percent. Then again, I don't watch "Die Hard" more than once every six months or so, and we don't have much money for me to do more shopping at Fred Meyer, so I won't be stealing any hangers in the near future. Okay, that's one hundred percent. Maybe I am perfect.

1 comment:

Brooklet said...

I, too, love Die Hard. I remember the first time I saw it, it was the monday night before girls camp. I had wanted to go to bed early that night, but I was mesmorized it. I love movies like that- yipi yi yo, ki a.

your whole getting up in the morning at 5 and getting all that accomplished- wowsers- almost as impressive as John McLane.