Friday, March 02, 2012

She Loves Us Because...

I made this "I love you because..." board for Brian for Valentine's Day and put it in our bathroom.  I've been pretty good about writing on it, and I think the best part about the whole thing is that I'm more aware of the little things he does for me, and I'm also noticing his good qualities and characteristics that I took for granted before.

The day after V-Day I snuck in while he was in the shower and wrote, "You have a cute naked bum."  I thought that on the level of scandalous things I could write, this was pretty tame, but I didn't think about the fact that our children are allowed in our bathroom, and Alyssa (gasp!) can read.  So she came in later that morning while I was brushing my teeth and went, "Oooooooooooh!" and then slightly louder and higher pitched, "OOOOooooooooohhhh!!!  Who wrote that?  Did you write that or did Dad write that?  I think Dad wrote it, because it looks like his handwriting.  Ooooohhh, he likes your bum!"  I let her believe it was him.  Is that bad of me?

I thought this all was very cute, but it was then that I decided that the more scandalous notes in the future were going to be left in code.

Last night Alyssa had her ballet pictures taken, so we went in my bathroom to put just a tiny bit of blush and lipstick on her, and she stayed in there longer than me, because I also had to get Becca ready to go.  When I got ready for bed last night I found that she had left Brian and I a cute little note.


Oh, and you can still leave name suggestions on the previous posts.  I pretty much finished up with the terrain and started placing cities, so I'm going to start using those names the next time I work on it.  Which will hopefully be today, but I have to do some housework, too.  The kitchen is in great need of cleaning after taking yesterday off.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

That's funny! I like her little note to you. It's so cute!

Catherine said...

Love it! i want one of those "I love you because.." signs!