Monday, March 05, 2012

My Sweet Baby

We're working on getting Rebecca to sleep all night in her crib.  Not necessarily sleep through the night in her crib, yet.  That will come soon.  Right now the "schedule" we're on seems to be working well enough.  Then, when I start to become a zombie from night wakings, we'll work on getting her to sleep through the night.

She really started this whole process by herself a couple of weeks ago, because she's a baby that likes to have space when she sleeps.  So right now I put her down in her crib, then each time she wakes up I bring her into bed with us, nurse her back to sleep for about a half hour, then she stirs again, and I pick her up and put her back in her crib.  In writing in doesn't sound very good, but I promise you, it's working for now.  She's actually going for longer periods of time between waking, and because I'm laying down to "nap" while I nurse her back to sleep, instead of sitting in the rocking chair, I'm still getting pretty decent rest.


So anyway.  When she has a good morning, with a couple hours of solid sleep in her crib, she wakes up so happy, and the only reason I know she's awake is that I hear her talking and singing in her room.  Then, I open the door and see her standing up and smiling a huge, "Good morning!" to me.

This is the huge "Good morning!" smile.



This is the sweet, "I see you're taking pictures of me" smile.

2 comments:

J-Leav said...

she has teeth already! What a cutie who is getting so big!

Kim-the-girl said...

She is so sweet! I can't believe how big she's getting!