Friday, December 02, 2011

So This is Why the Cashier Gave Me Such a Strange Look

So last night Becca and I went grocery shopping at Winco while Alyssa was at ballet.  We bought chicken, some stocking stuffers,  some stuff for having friends over for dinner on Saturday, and pepperoni and sausage for homemade pizzas sometime soon.  Rebecca got tired of being in her car seat, so I was holding her while loading the groceries onto the conveyer belt.  The cashier lady was very nice, and we talked about babies and Christmas.

Just as I was paying for everything, Brian called.  I moved our cart through the lane, answered the phone, and heard Brian say, "Are you going to Target tonight?"  This made me remember that I forgot to buy Hershey Kisses for our Kissmas tree, and I gasped, "Oh no!  The Hershey Kisses!"

I grabbed the cart, with my cell phone balanced between my shoulder and ear, still holding Rebecca, and maneuvered around and through the next lane over, heading for the candy isle.  I crossed the entire store, talking to Brian, looking for Hershey Kisses, when I let out another very loud, "Oh no!"

I had left my groceries back at the checkout stand.  This is when I put Becca back in her car seat, hung up with Brian, then dashed back to the checkout stand, where a couple of workers were already bagging my groceries.

"I am so sorry," I said.  "I don't even know what I was thinking."  The lady bagging her groceries across from me chuckled, and she seemed to be the only one amused by the whole thing.  All the workers seemed to be, well, shocked and confused.  I really through them for a loop.

edited to add:  And I think I left  the Hershey Kisses at Winco, because I can't find them anywhere.
edited again to add:  I did.  I had to go back for them.

1 comment:

NaDell said...

Of course, right? Maybe Brian ate them? Some days are just like that. At least you didn't leave your baby with them. I've heard of that too.