Thursday, September 01, 2011

Ethan's First Day of Kindergarten


This is Ethan, all excited and ready to head to Kindergarten.  Please don't ask me why he's sideways.  I don't know.  Blogger just wants to put him in that way.  Ethan was very excited for his first day of kindergarten.  He was up and ready at 7:00, asking when it was time to leave.  School doesn't start until 9:00!  Every time Alyssa would try to give him advice - watch out for bullies, shut the bathroom door when you go, etc. - he would respond with, "I am all about school.  My favorite subjects are math and recess."  All morning long. 


This is Rebecca, all ready to go in the baby carrier.  It's really hard to take pictures of her when she's in the baby carrier, but she always looks so cute when I look down at her, so I try.  She fell asleep on the walk to school.  When we got there, I showed Ethan where his classroom door was, then took him to the playground and had him take me back to the door.  He then gave me his backpack and asked if he could go play.  He did fine finding his way back then, but apparently on his second day he ended up lining up with a first grade class.

After three days of school, Ethan is still excited to go each day.  His teacher seems awesome, and it looks like he's having a great time!

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Yea for school! I can't believe Ethan is big enough for kindergarten, even though it makes sense in numbers. I'm sure he's going to do a great job.

Kim-the-girl said...

Are you still doing homeschool with Alyssa? Ethan looks and sounds like he *is* all about school. :) That is so cute.