Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Best Birthday Ever!

Alyssa turned nine yesterday, and boy did we celebrate.  German pancake for breakfast, french toast sticks from Jack in the Box for lunch (Really, this was mostly because we ran out of time getting ready for Rebecca's doctors appointment.) , and a barbecue at my parent's for dinner.  All of my brothers and sisters are in town this week, so we decided to splurge and rent a bounce house for Alyssa's and Eliza's birthday party.  (Cousin Eliza was born on Alyssa's fifth birthday.)

I dropped the kids off at my parent's before going to the doctor, and by the time Becca and I came back the bounce house was set up and the kids were already playing on it.  My mom said the guy who brought it said that blowing it up is his favorite part of the job, because the kids are so excited, and he hates having to take it down, because they get  so sad.

Everyone had a great time at the party - going back and forth from the swimming pool to the bounce house, eating hot dogs and hamburgers and Grandma's secret stash of cookies kept in the pump house, and laying out in the sun.  Before we went to bed last night, Alyssa said it was the best birthday she ever had.

Alyssa is growing up so fast!  I can't believe she's already nine.  She's still as busy as she's always been - I don't think that's ever going to change.  She loves learning about history, especially Egypt and mummies.  (She's looking over my shoulder and told me to add the mummy part.)  Last week she got out a huge poster board and made a map of an Egyptian pyramid, complete with crocodile pits and other traps.  She loves taking care of Rebecca.  She holds her any chance she gets.  She's not very happy about being in ballet in the Fall, but I like her in ballet, and it counts as a fine arts credit for school.  She is excited, though, to continue soccer in the Fall.  I think she scored three goals in five games this last season, and she loved playing.  One of her favorite things to do is to go out in the backyard and swing and sing while listening to her ipod.  It's one of my favorite things to watch, too.  She's so cute!

And now, pictures:







 After Brian came home from work, he had just as much fun as the kids.





Yes, Callie is mid-bounce.

 Eliza chewed out Derek for blowing out one of her candles.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Shaillé said...

Happy b-day Alyssa, looks like it was fun!

Sorry this is late in coming, but congrats on the birth of baby Rebecca!!!