Saturday, March 12, 2011

This Is How Cool My Brothers Are

Phil, Mike, Nathan, and Chris Baugh got together a while back to put together a rifftrax of them making fun of the movie, "10,000 BC."  They started planning the whole thing last summer, and they've been working furiously to get it done ever since.  If you remember the MST3K show on Comedy Central, it will give you a clue as to what a rifftrax is.  Basically, it's a bunch of funny guys watching a horribly boring movie and making fun of it.  Phil and Nate did a bit of the editing at our house, so I've seen bits and pieces of what they've done, and what I've seen is pretty darn funny.

So if you're interested in a cheap, at-home date night: pop some popcorn, grab a pack of root beer, and settle down with Ominous Project's version of "10,000 BC."

Info:  In ages past the world was a hostile place where mankind eked out an existence in constant fear of giant birds and monstrous shag-carpet elephants. But among these troglodytes arose a man whose destiny would lead him to unite the various tribes, tame the hordes of furry beasts, and establish a new way of life among his people. That man was Jim Henson, and this unfortunately is not his story. Instead, Ominous Projects invites you to join us for a commentary that makes watching 10,000 BC marginally less painful.


Edited to add:  Brian just informed me that because of copyright laws you need to have a copy of the movie in order to watch it with the rifftraxSo if you want to watch it (and you know you all do) you will need to either buy it (not worth it) or rent it (my suggestion) or if you're in the Tri-Cities, my brother has a copy you could borrow.  Have fun!

Edited, yet again, to add: I watched it a couple of night ago, and it was great!  I actually thought the movie itself was pretty interesting, but it was so long and drawn out that I wouldn't have made it through the whole thing without the funny comments.  The second to last comment is my absolute favorite.

3 comments:

J-Leav said...

I am so excited to watch this! I loved MST3K and I remember how funny your brothers are. I'm super jazzed!

jeremy said...

I love the editing done to Mr. Snuffleupagus. Long eyelashes combined with terrible tusks.

Brooklet said...

I watched the little preview clip of the movie and my favorite line was when the leader says, "kill everyone" and the men say, "Couldn't we have discussed this at the planning meeting". So funny.