Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 Already?!?

Brian says I'm getting old, but he has four years on me, so I'll never be as old as him!

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  To start, Brooke sent me Facebook wishes that I wouldn't feel sick, and I didn't throw up yesterday morning.  Yea!  I didn't even dry heave or gag, which is unusual for non-throwing up mornings.  

The kids and I spent the morning doing school, laundry, and cleaning, then we had some friends and cousins over after lunch for a play group.  The day started out rainy, but the sun came out periodically and the kids were able to play outside the whole afternoon.

Our friends stayed until just a little before Brian was expected home.  When everyone was gone I lay in bed for a bit (which Alyssa says I do all the time) and then Brian came home with flowers and a birthday cake.  We went out to dinner at Three Flames Mongolian Barbecue, which was a lot of fun.  I love Mongolian barbecue, but we weren't sure what the kids would think of it.  They liked it, but the boys were having so much fun playing with their noodles and watching the cooks at the oven that they barely ate their food.  That means leftovers for lunch today!

We were going to have the cake for dessert, but by the time we got home we were tired and already full, so we're saving it for tonight.  We put the kids to bed, watched a couple of episodes of Phineas and Ferb, got a fun Happy Birthday Phone Call from Katie, where she made fun of us for watching Phineas and Ferb, then I fell asleep while Dr. Doofenshmirtz was laying out one of his diabolical plans.

See? It was a good day.

We actually had my family birthday party on Monday for Family Home Evening, because we thought it was the best time to get everyone together.  Brian's parents offered to bring over dinner before the party, and they brought Alice Spring Chicken with jell-o salad and baked potatoes.  So yummy!  You know the Alice Spring Chicken at Outback?  Brian's dad got the copy cat recipe, and he makes it at home on his fancy schmancy barbecue - only better.  We had a great time having everyone over.  My parents gave me a cupcake decorating book with a lot of fun ideas, and Brian's parents gave me a whoopie pie pan and a heart-shaped cupcake pan.  I guess the secret is out that I like to bake.  My dad also gave me a gift certificate for a one-hour massage.  Apparently he won it at a company dinner, and everyone at their table (Mom, Dad, Erin, and Phil) agreed that I would enjoy it.  I'm excited!

I have been so happy lately that I just know this next year of life is going to be wonderful.  We'll get a brand new beautiful baby, I won't be pregnant anymore, and things will just keep going as wonderfully as they have been.  I get on pregnancy forums sometimes, and I see so many women complaining about their husbands, their parents, their in-laws, their children, and I'm so thankful to have a husband who loves me and works hard for our family, three fun children who make life exciting, a family close by to hang out with, great in-laws that have become my own family, and a soft and fluffy cat who sits around all day being soft and fluffy.  I really am blessed.  Life is great!

10 comments:

Wendi said...

A belated Happy birthday to you!! I'm glad you had a good day. I also enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb regardless of whether or not my kids are watching it with me.

Brooklet said...

Wow, don't underestimate the power of a facebook wish! I am so glad to hear you had a gag free day. And now you get to spread the birthday cake into today. yeah for 30!

We are big phineas and ferb fans in this house. They remind me of the good cartoons we had as kids.

erica said...

i am so glad you had a great birthday. i guess i need to look up what phineas and ferb is, never heard of it. am i out of the loop or what?

Travis and Heather said...

What a fabulous birthday! I am still inspired that you do your school, pregnancy, and do all other requirements of a mama. Well done!!

ajo said...

Man, I have no idea what phineas and ferb is either! I love your blog and love reading about what's going on with you guys!

Kim-the-girl said...

Super happy birthday! My big 30 is in May, I hope its as delightful as yours. Phineas and Ferb are the best! Your comments on being happy remind me of my scripture study today. In Alma ch 41:5 that those who are "raised to {a state} of happiness" are raised to it because of their "desire of happiness." So good for you! I'm glad you're happy, you deserve it!

J-Leav said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!!!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!! that is pretty much all I have to say about that.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Nicole said...

I am so glad to hear that life is wonderful for you!
Elijah just got phineas and ferb shoes. They look like converse shoes and they have the characters on them. He (and I) loves them and we had to get THOSE shoes when we saw them.
Happy Birthday!

Cali said...

I'm so glad your birthday was a good one, and especially glad that you were sick free for a day! Happy late birthday.