Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Feeling Alive!

See the clean floors and counters?
The groundhog said Spring is coming!  Yea Spring!  I can't wait!  I'm tired of being cold, especially since I can't button my coat all the way 'cause my belly is too big, and I can't wait until we can play outside all the time and work in our yard and put up our fence and all those other wonderful things that Spring brings.

The sun is shining outside our window right now, and it just makes me happy.

I started feeling better yesterday, too.  I'm back to a low grade constant nausea that is pretty easy to handle.  Yesterday I felt good enough to clean the kitchen and family room, which really really needed it.  I even cleaned out the microwave - it was nasty!  And while I was cleaning I tossed out our old yucky dish scrubber and started a list (a list!) of things we need to buy at Target.  I am a huge list person, and you know things haven't been right by the fact that this is the first list I've made since before Thanksgiving.  I even called my mom and said, "I'm making a list!"

I'm excited to decorate for Valentine's Day, too.  I think our house might end up being more decorated for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day and Easter than it was for Christmas.  We have very few V-Day decorations, but I cut the word "love" out of construction paper and taped it to the old window hanging in our family room, and I set out our little hugging monkey stuffies on a candle holder by the kitchen.  i do have a TON of paper hearts that we can hang in the windows and from the ceiling, and I think we'll head to Hobby Lobby and Craft Warehouse in the next few days and see what they have for cheap.

Also, 11 days until Brian and I leave for Disneyland.  Woo hoo!

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Your house looks great! I love it.
I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it lasts.
Have fun getting ready for Disneyland!

J-Leav said...

House looks both spic and span. I'm so happy you're feeling better.

Kim-the-girl said...

SO glad you're feeling better! I made a fun Vday wreath yesterday that was easy and cheap... I'm hoping to post pics on my book blog today. Feel free to check it out if you want. :)

Katie B.C. said...

Pretty house! My house stays like that for like 5 seconds- I know because I cleaned my house all day long and it only took one evening with the kids and it's a bit crazy again!

Brooklet said...

Ah doesn't a clean floor just feel nice. I thought I commented on this a while ago, but I can see that it has been 9 days since you posted which means, you will be heading to disneyland soon. Very soon! Have such a great time and enjoy your vacation! Happy Anniversary, too!