Friday, January 28, 2011

my dad and me and my mom!

Last night I found a sealed envelope under my pillow, and inside it was a picture and a letter from Alyssa.  It took me a few minutes to notice my pregnant tummy, and when I did I laughed out loud.  At least my legs are skinny - if only they looked that great in real life!

The letter says, "Dear Mom, I want you to know that when you're sick it makes me sorry for you.  It just makes me feel so icky inside.  I want to be the best helper I can! So, if there's anything I can do, please let me know! Love, Alyssa  P.S. Thank you for the crayons" 

I had a relapse of some bad sickness this last week, because I missed my medication on Monday afternoon and did pretty well and thought, "Hey, maybe I'm far enough along I don't need medication anymore," and skipped Tuesday morning.  By Tuesday at lunch I was throwing up and dry heaving a lot, and it lasted through Wednesday until I could get the medication in my system again.  Yeah, you'd think that at 15 weeks I'd be far enough along to at least have the morning sickness under control - nope!

Brian's mom came over on Wednesday to help out, and while she was cleaning and asking the kids for help, they were complaining about everything they had to do.  On Wednesday evening I just heated up some leftovers and tossed a salad for dinner, and when I asked Alyssa to set the table, she started complaining again.  I explained to her that my body is sick because it's making a baby, and because of that I need to rest and take care of my body so the baby can be healthy, and whatever she and the boys do to help me out while I'm pregnant, it will help them to love the baby more when it comes.  She gave me a sweet hug and has been helping out ever since.  Yesterday she cleaned out the dishwasher and filled it back up again with the breakfast dishes AND ran it through a cycle with just a few dishes in it to surprise me.  It was so sweet!  She's a wonderful girl!

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

That is sweet- the way you explained that the more they do to help, the more they will love the baby when it comes, made me tear up a little. What a good way to put it. Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I meant what I said, I feel so lucky to have you as a friend. You are probably one of the most positive people I know- always bubbly and excited about everything and that is fun to be around!

NaDell said...

I like her drawing. Very cute....but some little brothers seem to be missing...coincidence?
I hope they all keep helping you.

Kim-the-girl said...

What a sweetheart! Its amazing the differences between boys and girls, my boys would never think to write me a note like that... how nice of her to surprise you with the dishes, too.