Friday, November 12, 2010

Just Keep Running, Just Keep Running, Running, Running, What Do We Do? We Run, Run

I did it!  Last night I went out running, and my goal was to run a 5k without walking, and you know what?  I did it!  I'm on a super high right now, even though it's already the next morning, just because I actually did it.

My brother told me about a site with free music mixes, where you choose music based on how many beats per minute it has.  Last night I listened to "World Cruise" at 155 BPM, and I really liked it.  My time isn't as good running the whole things as apposed to when I do intervals, so I'm going to pick a song with a higher BPM on Saturday to see what that does.

A lot of people in my family are signing up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.  Mike, Tallia, Kim, Short Brian, me, Alyssa, Ethan, possibly Megan and Michael...It's going to be great!

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Way to go!!! I have to admit, it makes me feel better knowing your interval time was better, because it was faster than my running time too and I was worried it was just because I was really slow. :)

J-Leav said...

Way to trot, Turkey!

Brooklet said...

Rock on! Such a great goal- I bet you will surprise yourself during the turkey trot- races tend to give you that extra stamina! Good luck.

Kimberly Nicole said...

that's great!
Getting back into training has been horrible for me once my back has been feeling better. It's been so cold and I have little motivation to get back into it- but i have to, otherwise i will die doing the 5k.
I'll have to look at that site and check it out.