Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallows Eve

our ghostbuster, Medusa, and a pirate
We spent the weekend dressing up for parties and trunk-or-treating.  We had a fabulous time.

We planned on not accepting trick-or-treaters this year, with today being Sunday and all, but because of a hot cocoa spill that kept Brian and I pretty busy at the ward Halloween party, we didn't hand out any of our candy.  So we are accepting tricksters.  I think my favorite part of the whole weekend is that our kids haven't complained at all about not being able to trick-or-treat on Sunday.  They understood when we told them why, and they've just been having a blast answering the door and giving out candy.  We haven't heard a single, "Why can't we go trick-or-treating?" and I love it!

5 comments:

Brooklet said...

Very cool costumes. I am a little partial to the ghostbusters costume, since i still enjoy that movie so much.

I was a little worried about how our girls would react to not going trick-or-treating today, since we were handing out candy. But they didn't complain once and had such a fun time handing out the candy. I guess I should have given them more credit.

Kimberly Nicole said...

Great Costumes! I love the ghost busters! They are such great ideas, did all of the kids pick theirs?
We went around the block quickly tonight since we weren't able to take the kids around the Trunk-or-Treat because we were busy with the organizing and cleaning up the chili feed. So we wanted to be part of that experience with Elijah.
We'll have pictures of our costumes up in the next couple of days on our blog.
briankimberlyandthekids.blogspot.com

erica said...

wow, your kids are getting so big! i haven't seen you guys in awhile. i loved their costumes!

Kim-the-girl said...

I totally agree, your costumes are awesome! That is one thing I will always remember about you, though... great (fabulous really) costumes! We didn't trick or treat OR hand out candy since it was Sunday... but our kids still had a great time!

Cali said...

I always love your costumes! I'm glad you had a good Halloween.