Thursday, September 23, 2010

This Week Is Going By Way Too Fast!

I can't believe it's Thursday already!  Thursday!  Wasn't it just Monday?  Wasn't it just Sunday? 

Ah, Sunday.  Sunday I both gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting and did the lesson for Gospel Doctrine.  It was crazy!  I woke up Sunday morning and put the finishing touches on both, and I had facts and quotes and comments from both the talk and the lesson floating around in my mind all morning, and I was afraid that I would start to talk about Amos and prophets during my talk on prayer.  My talk went better than I expected, but I don't think I prepared for my lesson as well as I should have, because I kept getting lost from going between my notes and the lesson manual.  It felt so good when they were both over, though.  It was so wonderful to sit in relief Society and think, "I'm done!"

Monday was a great day.  Alyssa did wonderful at school, and after lunch we took her to MCP for P.E.  Alyssa has the best P.E. teacher, and she loves that class!  She was also so excited to see her new friend, Sara.  The best part of Monday was that I was able to drop Ethan off with my sister when we picked up her daughter (Emma) to take with us to MCP.  Marcus and I went grocery shopping (shopping with only one child!) and then we ran our groceries home and then hurried to the orthopedic surgeon's to have him check Marcus' broken collar bone, which is healing very well.

We practiced "A Child's Prayer" for Family Home Evening, because our family is singing it for the Primary Program.  Alyssa's extremely excited for that!

Tuesday is Alyssa's full day at MCP, which also makes it my day to mop the kitchen and dining room and catch up on other chores. I let the boys just run and play and watch tv on Tuesdays, to give them a break from our daily school routine.  Nothing significant happened on Tuesday, but it was a good day.

Wednesday (yesterday) I ran my first practice run four our 5K on Saturday.  Going back and forth from running 5 minutes and walking 3 minutes, I did it in 36 minutes.  I was shooting for 40, so yea!  And this morning I shortened the walking from 3 minutes to 2, and I did it in 33 minutes.  I'm taking tomorrow off to rest.  I'm so stoked for the race on Saturday.  It's my first ever, and I really feel like I've prepared well.  Brian hasn't had time to go running, and he keeps saying that I'll beat him.  Wouldn't that be cool?  I highly doubt that I will, because Brian will most likely push himself hard and kill himself in the process, but it would be a huge ego boost to run faster than my long-legged husband.

Alyssa also had ballet yesterday, and I'm so proud that she's doing a better job of listening to the teacher and following directions without complaining.  Last night they had old tu-tu's for sale for $2, and Alyssa bought a bright yellow one with some of her birthday money.  She's working very hard on being able to do the splits.  She's such a cute little ballerina!

Tonight Ethan has gymnastics.  We started him in the Parks and Rec program, and he is loving it.  He's doing a lot of jumping on the trampoline and walking on the balance beam.  On our way into the building on his first night, when he had no idea what gymnastics was, he walked all along the curb like a balance beam, and I thought, "This is the perfect class for him!"  I think that he also likes to have his own special thing to do by himself. 

Home school is going splendidly.  We still have our moments, of course, but for the most part we have our routine down, and the kids know what is expected of them.  Marcus is our difficult one right now.  He is just so busy, and he's constantly getting into things.  I've started to strap him down in a booster chair to keep him from bothering Alyssa while she's working, but he likes to push the table over onto Ethan, which is just one of the crazy things he does throughout the day.  I've been looking on Craigslist, and I found two desks that are similar to Alyssa's that we're probably going to buy this weekend, so each kid has a space of their own, and a place to keep their school supplies.  I'm excited for that!  I know Ethan's ready to start doing more school-type work, and he will love having his own desk, just like his big sister.

Speaking of home school, I started this post during one of our five minute breaks, and the break has lasted just a bit longer than that.  I'm not even sure exactly how long, but the kids have been happily playing on the purple couch for quite some time now.  We only have Math left to do, then we can have lunch, and I'm hungry!

Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

sarah came over to the computer while I was reading and was so excited to see Alyssa! She really enjoys PE, too. I"m so glad they have each other in that class full of boys!