Friday, August 27, 2010

Isn't She Gorgeous?

We got word on the final time for Alyssa's baptism next week, so I got up this morning and worked on the invitation. (School kind of happened on Monday, and it hasn't happened since. Next week will be much easier, because everyone else will be in school, too.) I copied the idea from someone's blog - just someone I found by googling "lds baptism invitation," and I love how it turned out.It helps that I had such gorgeous pictures to work with. We took them in Brian's parent's yard last week, and it was so much fun. Alyssa was coming up with all sorts of poses, and there were a bunch of times I had to say, "Just look at me and smile." And then once I felt I had enough decent "baptism invitation" shots, I told her to just go around the yard acting like a princess. Which, of course, she did perfectly. The "ball pose" she came up with all by herself. She planned it that morning, and even asked Marcus in advance if she could borrow it.

11 comments:

NaDell said...

Great pictures! I hope the baptism goes just the way you expect and without the having to double dip.

Travis and Heather said...

How splendid! The announcement is perfection, she is darling. What an exciting day you have coming up.
Your back to school photo's were so inspiring. How wonderful to home school and you even have a classroom pet:).

jeremy said...

Very cute :)

J-Leav said...

Wow. Are we that old? The invitation is lovely and she is, of course, a splendid beauty!

Kim-the-girl said...

She really does look beautiful! Congratulations Alyssa on your big day!

Cam said...

How exciting! What a pretty girl. You did a great job on the invite. Congrats.

Clement Family said...

great pictures. Very beautiful girl. :)I can't believe how much she has grown.

Cali said...

Yes, she is gorgeous. I can't believe she's eight!!!

Jana said...

Congratulations, Alyssa. What fun pictures!

Kimberly Nicole said...

I love the pictures! Great invitation!

Brooklet said...

Oh, she is gorgeous. Her hair is getting so long- I keep thinking back to when it was a pixie cut and how long it has grown.

Good job Alyssa, for choosing to be baptized- what a special day it will be.