Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Laundry, Toe Flaps, Wahoo

I started this post earlier tonight, just after we put the kids to bed, but I only wrote one sentence, then stopped. I wrote one sentence, and didn't know what else to say, so I just stopped. Then I folded today's laundry, and had a bowl of ice cream, because it's been a while since I've had a bowl of ice cream...and I really wanted it. I had a scoop each of Tillamook Mint Chocolate Chip, Dreyers Double Churned Strawberry, and Premium Quality Brand Fried Ice Cream. I watched a few clips of Glee while I ate said ice cream, and I've just got to say that I think Jane Lynch is the most hilarious woman on the face of the earth. Just hilarious.

So then I took the laundry upstairs and put Alyssa's clothes in her dresser and Ethan's clothes in his dresser and, yes, Marcus' clothes in his dresser. Alyssa was still awake and while I was tossing her underwear in the drawer I heard her whisper, quite loudly, "Mom!" Not knowing at the time that she was awake, and thinking it might have been the squeaking of the drawer, I went ahead and put her socks in the next drawer, and there it was again: "Mom!"

Upon investigating the loud whispers, I found out that she had a dead flap of skin on her big toe, and she wanted me to get the clippers to clip it off. No big deal, I thought, so I told her to come with me to get things taken care of, and that is when I found out that she had gotten in trouble multiple times already by Brian for repeatedly getting out of bed. Ooops. I didn't know this history, because I had been downstairs folding laundry and joyously eating ice cream, but I already said that.

So I clipped off the offending chunk of flappy skin and sent her off to bed...finished putting away the laundry...brushed my teeth...and as I was brushing my teeth I thought of when we went camping with Katie and Reuben a little after Ethan was born, and Katie and I went up to the bathrooms together to brush our teeth, and Katie had a Sonicare toothbrush which she was afraid to take out of her bag since she was embarrassed for having a fancy toothbrush, and I had a Sonicare toothbrush that I was afraid to take out of my bag since it would take exactly two minutes according to Sonicare to brush my teeth, and I wasn't sure that Katie wanted to wait that long, and to make a long story short, we both took out our matching toothbrushes and had a good laugh about them. After thinking of this story I also thought back to earlier this evening and thought, "Why didn't I finish that post? What's my problem?"

So maybe it's because it doesn't feel quite real, or maybe it's because writing it down in words almost cheapens the magic. I don't know. I'm not going to finish the post. I'm not going to elaborate. But I will tell you this: The sentence I wrote, when I started the whole thing was, "Tonight Brian and I met with our Realtor to sign a whole ton of papers to make an offer on a house."

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Yum, Yuck, and YEA!!! I hope it all works out!

Brooklet said...

That is great! Though I kinda want you to elaborate- for instance I want to see pictures of this home, where it is, etc, etc, etc. . . Let us know how it goes.

J-Leav said...

Carrie! What a ka-wink-i-dink! I just got an accepted off on my first house...we're house twinzies! Where did you buy? Details!

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

great post, Carrie!

Cam said...

very exciting! hope they accept your offer.