Friday, January 08, 2010

Here It Is

All of these pictures were taken from the house's real estate listing. I didn't think to take pictures myself.


So this is the wonderfully fabulous house we made an offer on yesterday. Our real estate agent called this morning to tell us that the sellers accepted our offer, but because it's a short sale it now has to be approved by the bank. Hopefully that will all go through as well. I am incredibly excited. I keep dancing spontaneously and shouting "Woohoo!" Being LDS, I'm constantly tempted to say that I feel blessed, but thinking that also makes me feel like we must have done something wonderful to deserve to have found such a great house. To tell you the truth, I think we just got lucky. What I really feel is spoiled, but hopefully in a good way. It's more than we deserve, and I'm so excited!


The house is in Pasco, pretty close to where the new church building is being built. It's super close to both my sister and my brother, so that will make getting together really easy. It has 5 bedrooms, with a bonus room upstairs that we're going to use as a school room. (See? Spoiled.) The bonus room has a tiny little door that goes into an attic space, and that door makes me want to decorate with an Alice in Wonderland theme. The bedroom that's downstairs we're planning on using as a toy room, and even after everyone in our family is assigned a bedroom, there's one left over for a craft room for me, split with an office space for Brian. That just makes me want to dance right there.


The kitchen and breakfast nook is open to the family room, which is exactly what we wanted. There is tons of counter space and cupboard space, and the walk in pantry is huge.


Here's another view of the kitchen. See all the shiny-ness? Isn't it pretty? I am absolutely in love with this house. If everything goes through, we could be moved by March. So we're crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Here's the floor plan. The only changes I see that were made is that the downstairs "den/bedroom" is swapped with the back Garage, and there's a few closets that are in different places.

11 comments:

Brooklet said...

It is beautiful! You know you have found a good home when you are in love with it. hopefully everything goes well with the buying of the home and I can't wait to come and visit you in your new abode.

NaDell said...

That is a very pretty room. Looks like you can push your dining room table back and have your ballroom too.
I'm happy that you're buying a house and that it's fabulous, but sad you'll be further away.
Good luck!

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

this house is seriously beautiful. You are so lucky! I want I want I want. So glad you are coming back to Pasco!

Cali said...

Oh, it looks wonderful! How exciting to be in the buying stage of life! I hope that it all goes well, and that March is the latest you have to wait to move in. Oh, it's beautiful!!

KellyAnne said...

WOW.... that is great!! Lucky lucky lucky!

Pebley Family said...

Congrats! I hope everything goes well with the short sell. I can't wait to see the rest of the house.

Kim-the-girl said...

That is seriously beautiful Carrie!!! I can see why you love it! And all those rooms! JEALOUS!!! Good luck, I hope it all works out smoothly!

Tonya said...

Wow, it's amazing. I'm so happy for you guys and hope it all works out as planned.

Cam said...

Congratulations guys- what a beautiful home. We are hoping to join the rank of being home owners sooner than later, and hopefully you don't mind me asking, but how hard is it to qualify with not much of a work history? We know the rules have probably changed dramatically since we bought our last house.
Anyways, I love it- and how great that you have enough space that you can stay put for many years to come! Hooray for putting down roots and being able to unbox all of your things at one time- what a concept!

Shaillé said...

That is so exciting - hope all goes well!!

Cam said...

Thanks for the little note- we talked to a lender and it was easier to qualify than I thought it would be. I guess school counts as work history. Anyways, I hope everything goes through with your sale, I've heard short sales can be a bit of a pain!