Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In The Winter Time...

...when all the world is cold?

Ever since September when I was inspired by Katherine to try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I've been doing really good about exercising every morning. And I really do love the workouts on that video, but a couple weeks ago I started to get really bored with them. So luckily, I had on hand a weighted hula hoop that I splurged on a few months ago, so I started watching a video each morning and hula hooping while I watched. And even that is getting a little boring, but just a little boring, though. The real problem is that even though I can feel it in my legs and stomach, it's not much of an aerobic workout, and I miss that. I've thought about alternating between 30 Day Shred and the hula hoop, but as it is right now, I don't want to get up at six in the morning to hear Jillian tell me, "Just think about all the reasons you bought this dvd in the first place..." and "...and next we're going to do..." shrug, "...jumping jacks...with weights..."

I'm wanting to mix things up so I don't get too bored and stop exercising during fudge/divinity/caramels/cookie season. So the question is - what do you all do to get exercise in the winter time?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I have yet to figure it out, and I live in a much colder climate than you do! I got tired of the 30 day shred too, so i just keep looking...I'll let ya know if i figure it out! Good luck!

Cali said...

Honestly, I think that any exercise video is going to get boring. Although the one that has kept me entertained the longest has been Turbo Jam. I just bought it on Ebay--much cheaper that way! If you buy the set you get "5 workouts"--though only 2 really count as cardio workouts. But they are fun, and that helps A LOT!

Also, if you are into step aerobics, I really like Cathe Friedrich's videos. If you have VHS, I really, really like her rhythmic step. But they only sell it on VHS. I think that if you have a variety of videos to choose from, it makes it easier to do a video workout.

But, here I am, sitting on the couch most days while the kids try and think of things to do with me that don't involve running or crawling so that I can participate! Poor kiddos. Maybe after baby comes I'll get back into it all again.